Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I plan on purchasing a CPO'd WK2 4x4 5.7L next weekend. I live in Alabama and can't find any down south that have the options that I desire at a reasonable price. This means I'm heading to the Michigan/Ohio area over the holiday weekend in search of the perfect vehicle for me. I'm amazed at how much more expensive trucks and SUVs are in the south. I love travelling anyways and have friends all over the country. Of course the "good ole boys" and country folk down here don't understand many of the things I do in my personal life and just "dont git why I'd go all the way up yonder to git a truck".:( SMH. I just tell them I'm saving money by doing so.

I'm a VW/Audi enthusiast and I build cars and engines for a living. I love working on my personal vehicles and don't mind wrenching. I originally wanted a Toyota FJ, but due to the lack of rear legroom, I decided on a GC. (Gotta put elderly grandparents in the thing afterall). I've done a lot of research and am aware of potential issues with build quality and NOISE. I don't think the dealerships salespersons are ready for my level of QC inspection but they'll earn their money if I sign with them.

As I said before, I plan on purchasing a CPO vehicle and getting an extended warranty so I don't expect too many serious issues. However, if someone could point me to a specific "checklist" of things to look out for, I'd be much appreciative.

·
The Negotiator
5,364 Posts
Welcome to JeepGarage!!

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Welcome to JG!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts