Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought new GC in fall of 1992 , ran it for 17 yrs including my son beating the heck out of it while away for college. Lucky me, Cash for Clunkers gave me $4,500.00 when it was probably worth less than a grand. Sweet. Looking at the 2014 GC Summit right now. I'm
sure the dealers are going to try to hold out and beat me up. Any positive experiences on
dealing?

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
20 Posts
Bought new GC in fall of 1992 , ran it for 17 yrs including my son beating the heck out of it while away for college. Lucky me, Cash for Clunkers gave me $4,500.00 when it was probably worth less than a grand. Sweet. Looking at the 2014 GC Summit right now. I'm
sure the dealers are going to try to hold out and beat me up. Any positive experiences on
dealing?
Internet shop for your SUV. All dealers have their entire inventory on their website. So find what you like and 3 or 4 dealers you're interested in buying from and then check their online inventory and see what they're selling for. Then email them and let the bidding begin. They will fight for your business and they'll really want to talk with you on the phone. Tell them you're not available by phone and keep everything through email. When one makes an offer, tell the other what that offer is and ask if they can beat it until you get the best price you can. I've done this with the last 2 SUV's I've bought and I gotten really good deals. It's easier to be tough via email. And remember, always be willing to walk away from a deal if you don't get what you want. It gives you the power. Now go forth and shop. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2004 GC Special Ed
6,891 Posts
Welcome to JeepGarage|

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.