Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I’ve posted on another Jeep forum only to get the most rude responses 🙄 I’m just a fellow Jeeper, relatively new to the problems they come with, and I’m just genuinely and desperately searching for some help! Any advice is appreciated and I apologize in advance if this is a silly ask.

I’m aware Jeeps make noises. I don’t expect mine to be quiet, but every time I drive over uneven road (aka all the time) or small bumps (think light bumps), I get the loudest, most embarrassing bird squeak/squeal from the rear passenger wheel area. If it was low, hey I’m ok with it. But this one’s gotta go.

I have new rotors and pads. Back there I’ve replaced shocks, sway bar bushings, end links, lift springs…..I’ve sprayed everything down with silicone spray. Can’t replicate it when Jeep is stationary. I’m at a loss 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Compass Sport
116 Posts
Year and model of Jeep?

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Compass Sport
116 Posts
Check that your body mounts are tight...could be some flexing going on. If you tighten and the sound changes you may have some issue with the material used for that spacer lift. Some of them are quite noisy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check that your body mounts are tight...could be some flexing going on. If you tighten and the sound changes you may have some issue with the material used for that spacer lift. Some of them are quite noisy.
So I upgraded to regular springs in hopes that might be the case…no luck :/

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi all! I’ve posted on another Jeep forum only to get the most rude responses 🙄 I’m just a fellow Jeeper, relatively new to the problems they come with, and I’m just genuinely and desperately searching for some help! Any advice is appreciated and I apologize in advance if this is a silly ask.

I’m aware Jeeps make noises. I don’t expect mine to be quiet, but every time I drive over uneven road (aka all the time) or small bumps (think light bumps), I get the loudest, most embarrassing bird squeak/squeal from the rear passenger wheel area. If it was low, hey I’m ok with it. But this one’s gotta go.

I have new rotors and pads. Back there I’ve replaced shocks, sway bar bushings, end links, lift springs…..I’ve sprayed everything down with silicone spray. Can’t replicate it when Jeep is stationary. I’m at a loss 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Any ideas?
I cant help you on this but I have some good advice and that is to track it down yourself.
These are excellent tools which can help you sniff out the source of your annoying noise.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Compass Sport
116 Posts
So I upgraded to regular springs in hopes that might be the case…no luck :/
As far as I know two types of spacer lifts can be done on a Wrangler. A suspension lift with a spacer placed above the springs or a body lift which is a spacer placed at the body to frame mounting bolts. Changing out the springs would not affect the latter. I had a 2006 model and believe the 2010 is the same way.

Then there is a spring suspension lift which is where the springs are changed to taller versions.

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Sky Cloud

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As far as I know two types of spacer lifts can be done on a Wrangler. A suspension lift with a spacer placed above the springs or a body lift which is a spacer placed at the body to frame mounting bolts. Changing out the springs would not affect the latter. I had a 2006 model and believe the 2010 is the same way.

Then there is a spring suspension lift which is where the springs are changed to taller versions.

View attachment 240589
Your Jeep is amazing! I love the wheel set up! Thanks for clarifying. As I said, I’mrelatively new to this and I’m trying my hardest to learn as I go. I had a spacer placed above my springs, and upgraded to a spring suspension lift. Figured while I had a bunch of work being done I might as well upgrade. The ride improved drastically! But, still have angry birds chirping if my windows are down 😭🤦🏼‍♀️

1 - 8 of 8 Posts