·
Registered
'18 JGC Overland
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys!

New first time Jeep owner here!

Picked up a '18 JGC HA2 5.7L 4x4.

Loving it so far! Already done some mods and more are planned!

Mods done:
-LED Reverse + Brake/Signal lights
-LED Interiors (still need to solder on the SMD for the fixed dome map lights)
-Skid plates (delivered! need to install)
-Swapped back to the wood grain steering wheel (HA2 pkg replaces with full leather). On the lookout for an SRT wheel!

Looking to learn a lot from this community!

Cheers,
TD

·
Registered
2014 GC/Overland V8
3,301 Posts
Hey Guys!

New first time Jeep owner here!

Picked up a '18 JGC HA2 5.7L 4x4.

Loving it so far! Already done some mods and more are planned!

Mods done:

-LED Reverse + Brake/Signal lights

-LED Interiors (still need to solder on the SMD for the fixed dome map lights)

-Skid plates (delivered! need to install)

-Swapped back to the wood grain steering wheel (HA2 pkg replaces with full leather). On the lookout for an SRT wheel!

Looking to learn a lot from this community!

Cheers,

TD

It never happened if there are no pictures

·
Registered
2014 GC/Overland V8
3,301 Posts
Correct. Stock OEM is on the driver's side in the picture.

The XD now matches the white LED DRL more than the stock d3s bulbs

Wow, I thought the stock HIDs were nice the bulbs you replaced them with are nice also. Do you have pics of your stock headlights?

·
Registered
'18 JGC Overland
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, I thought the stock HIDs were nice the bulbs you replaced them with are nice also. Do you have pics of your stock headlights?
Sorry, didn't take any pictures of the stock headlights, but they're just the normal OEM HID w LED DRL.

The stock OEM bulbs are Osram 66340HBI

·
Registered
'18 JGC Overland
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok so your vehicle didn't come with the higher end HID headlights with the LED trim ring?
Yes it has it. That's what I'm referring to. HID w LED DRL. The stock HID are only 4300K, I wanted something more white to match the LED DRL, thus swapped out to the XD 6500K bulbs.

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 GC/Overland V8
3,301 Posts
Yes it has it. That's what I'm referring to. HID w LED DRL. The stock HID are only 4300K, I wanted something more white to match the LED DRL, thus swapped out to the XD 6500K bulbs.

What was the install process?? Easy..hard? And are the new bulbs a more bluish tint or white?

·
Registered
'18 JGC Overland
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What was the install process?? Easy..hard? And are the new bulbs a more bluish tint or white?
Passenger side was easier. I went through the pocket in the wheel well. Tight fit, but allowed me access to the HID bulb.

Driver side, there was virtually no room. So I quickly removed the air intake box. Pretty easy to do. Remove top half and just pull up really hard to remove bottom half of the box. It's held on via 3 grommet/studs. Once the intake was out of the way, this gave plenty of access to the Driver side bulb.

To remove the D3S bulb, rotate (CCW a 1/4 turn) the plastic ring holding the bulb in the porjector. You can now gently pull the bulb towards the rear of the car and it'll come out. Then disconnect the wiring harness, and that's it.

The color is white, with a slight blue cutoff. I'll have to try to capture it somehow. It's advertised as 6500K, but it's almost more like 6000k to me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts