Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings Jeep freaks! I am the happy owner of a jeep Grand Cherokee WK 3.0 CDI, and I have had this vehicle for some years without any issues at all....until last week that is , when the Fuel Tank started to leek !!!:eek::eek::eek:
I am trying to find a replacement [new], but have been told by Jeep i the UK, that this would cost over £2500 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just can,t believe this at all, and I am currently waiting for confirmation from Jeep HQ in Italy in this respect.:D:D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Welcome here, matey!

Egads, take a vacation to Malta and swing by Italy on the way back. Probably save 200 BP's!

Could have one custom made for that I think. Here the radiator shops work on gas tanks.

Nothing in the salvage yards?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Greetings Jeep freaks! I am the happy owner of a jeep Grand Cherokee WK 3.0 CDI, and I have had this vehicle for some years without any issues at all....until last week that is , when the Fuel Tank started to leek !!!:eek::eek::eek:
I am trying to find a replacement [new], but have been told by Jeep i the UK, that this would cost over £2500 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just can,t believe this at all, and I am currently waiting for confirmation from Jeep HQ in Italy in this respect.:D:D
Greetings. My 2008 CRD had a fuel tank leak less than a year ago. I suspected debris stuck and rubbing between the fuel tank and the fuel tank skid plate because for the most part the tank looked great, but there was one small bad spot. The one bad area on the fuel tank was near a severely rusty spot in the skid plate. The fuel tank skid plate needed replaced as well.

I had my fuel tank and fuel tank skid plate replaced at a large dealership here in Ohio. They told me the OEM fuel tank was no longer available and I would either have to get the leaky one repaired, find a used one, or get a new after-market replacement. I did not care for the used option and the other two options were about the same price, so I went with the new aftermarket.

After-market steel fuel tank: $650 USD
Fuel tank skid plate: $640 USD
Labor: $250 USD

I though it was a bit expensive, but it looks as good as new. Your estimate of £2500 makes me feel better about my price.

Good luck. I love mine and have had decent luck with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts