GC Overland
188 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: Barboots

·
Registered
JGC Overland
2,773 Posts
I just installed these, from Hong Kong, via eBay. $299 AUS + $30 Shipping, Installed in about half an hour..
Great price Nigel. I had these on my watchlist already... are you pleased with the bang for buck? How's the chrome look where it wraps around the edges... robust?

As a favour, could you take a photo with the door open looking straight down, or alternatively measure how much step protrudes from the open door's sill edge? ie: to gauge how much step is available for stepping on :p

Many thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
GC Overland
188 Posts
Great price Nigel. I had these on my watchlist already... are you pleased with the bang for buck? How's the chrome look where it wraps around the edges... robust?

As a favour, could you take a photo with the door open looking straight down, or alternatively measure how much step protrudes from the open door's sill edge? ie: to gauge how much step is available for stepping on :p

Many thanks,
Steve
Quality is excellent. Chrome on edges very good, Unit has aluminium base and stainless steel chromed edge. Brackets a bit rough,, left side was a bit out, but slots in brackets and a bit of push and shove to get aligned, but ok. Looks much more classy than others I have seen, including the Mopar ones.

Attachments

Reactions: DCRSRT

·
Registered
2012 O Summit RIP
538 Posts
Nighel, I'm jealous of your seats! The saddle color seats look great. They were one of the positives on my OS!

Could I convince you to take a shot or 2 of the running boards from further away like 20 feet or so. They look great up close!

·
Registered
GC Overland
188 Posts
Nighel, I'm jealous of your seats! The saddle color seats look great. They were one of the positives on my OS!

Could I convince you to take a shot or 2 of the running boards from further away like 20 feet or so. They look great up close!
Here you go..

Attachments

·
Registered
GC Overland
188 Posts
Pretty cool. Do you find them practical entering and exiting the vehicle?
Not really, they just look good.

True Blue, Saddle Trim
Hemi 5.7 V8
Tow Pack
=====================
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
15 Posts
I love the look of the running boards but they seem to stick out kinda far. I wish I could find these in the United States. All the nice looking boards are not available here. Can you take a picture along side the vehicle to show how far they stick out from the tires. Thanks.

·
Registered
Limited 4x4
1,057 Posts
I think the original intent of this thread was to discuss the actual Mopar running boards?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think the original intent of this thread was to discuss the actual Mopar running boards?
Right. Not much information about genuine Mopar running board. The only thing I found is this Mopar runningboard is designed both for Durango and Grand Cherokee. Same part number, but different instruction for installation.

·
Premium Member
2014 Durango Citadel
453 Posts
Not really, they just look good.

True Blue, Saddle Trim
Hemi 5.7 V8
Tow Pack
=====================
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Added bonus might be stopping door bangers in tight parking spaces....mine have saved my doors plenty of times. Fourteen year old vehicle and no door dings. Of course, hope that doesn't mean dings in the chrome edges. I think yours look great, btw.

·
Premium Member
4,160 Posts
Here you go..
Now can we get another picture of you draped over the bonnet, and another with one foot up on the running board while pointing off into the distance with one hand.

·
Registered
Limited 4x4
1,057 Posts
That looks pretty good. I'd like to see a real set in person.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.