Discussion Starter #1
Status
Incomplete
Recall Date
November 14, 2019
FCA Recall # V62
NHTSA Recall #19V-813
Safety Defect/Non Compliance Description and Safety Risk
A fuel pump relay failure can result in a stall condition if the vehicle is running or a no-start condition if not running. A vehicle stall while driving can cause a vehicle crash without prior warning.
Repair Description
FCA US will conduct a Voluntary Safety Recall on affected vehicles. The remedy is currently under development
Recall Status
Incomplete but repair parts are not available

Hope this fixes my stall on start / stall while driving

·
Registered
58 Posts
Isn't this just another "fix" from the external fuel pump relay they installed a couple yrs back on another recall? I had the recall done on my 11 and 12 overland 5.7s and both had more issues after the recall. As of right now I'll avoid letting Jeep splice into my main harness again. Jeeps first fix was a hack job at best.

·
Registered
2013 Grand Cherokee
29 Posts
The relay they installed in my wife's Jeep failed a couple of years ago. Bench testing showed it occasionally wouldn't work. I ended up getting a replacement and swapping it out. While I was in there, I cleaned up the hack job they did in the PDC. Wasn't too hard to make it look semi-professional with some solder and heat shrink.

I wonder if this is just a relay swap or if they plan on hacking into the PDC again to splice in a different relay and harness.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm wanting a real solution and happy another recall is been issued. Had the relay recall done, 10 minutes after i picked up the Jeep from the dealer I had a stall occur while driving.

That was 2 years ago, I'm still living with the danger of a stall while turning in front of traffic. I can live with the stall on start, happens weekly to me.

I've read all the "so called" fixes, spark plugs, another relay, motion sensors, low tire pressure all bogus for my situation

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm wanting a real solution and happy another recall is been issued. Had the relay recall done, 10 minutes after i picked up the Jeep from the dealer I had a stall occur while driving.

That was 2 years ago, I'm still living with the danger of a stall while turning in front of traffic. I can live with the stall on start, happens weekly to me.

I've read all the "so called" fixes, spark plugs, another relay, motion sensors, low tire pressure all bogus for my situation
I definitely agree with you jeep needs to fix this but not with a hack job of a solution. I had the same stalling issues. Long story short a win module and fobs took care of it. 5k miles and no stalls on my 12 ovlernad 5.7. My fob batteries died monthly

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I definitely agree with you jeep needs to fix this but not with a hack job of a solution. I had the same stalling issues. Long story short a win module and fobs took care of it. 5k miles and no stalls on my 12 ovlernad 5.7. My fob batteries died monthly
What is a win module?

Thanks

Rich

·
Registered
30 Posts
This is bogus. Last I checked we were still dealing with this all the way up to the 2018 models at least......

Wasn't this tossed out back then as well? Why are they jist now getting to this issue, for those model years (the one that were tossed out by our wonderful saftey overseeres)

Seriously, a proper fix would be a new TIPM with the relay located up top where it should have been i the first place. Pretty sire that's a few major model refreshed away thougj.......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts