Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee recently did not start for 2 weeks in a row and cost me over $1200 to get it running again, so I am supposedly covered under the V62 fuel pump relay recall. HOWEVER, I submitted my receipts as I was supposed to do to FCA and THEY DENIED MY CLAIM !!!!!!! I think it is time we got together and filed yet another class action lawsuit since they will not fix it and will not reimburse us!!! This could result in dangerous situations for all of us !!. Any lawyers out there???

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
I assume this recall also applies to export models. My WK2 Diesel MY12 did this a few times although mine threw high/low pressure fuel codes. Anyway its been written off due to hail damage.

I hope it been resolved on the new models as I'm thinking I might have to dip my toe again.

·
Registered
2010 WH Grand Cherok
19 Posts
I assume this recall also applies to export models. My WK2 Diesel MY12 did this a few times although mine threw high/low pressure fuel codes. Anyway its been written off due to hail damage.

I hope it been resolved on the new models as I'm thinking I might have to dip my toe again.
Has anybody any further info on this new worldwide fuelpump relay recall .Am in NZ and my 2012 GC Overland 3 litre diesel will quite often not start or stop after a few seconds.Jeep distributor in NZ say they are waiting for a fix which should be around middle of the year.Absolute joke.Scared to take it on some off road trips ,in case it stops all together.!

·
Registered
77 Posts
My guess is with the current state of affairs a potential fix will be even further down the line. You’d think engineers working on safety issues would be considered essential workers, but given workers may be off due to sickness, taking care of kids, etc so I bet this will delay things further. Good thing I’m working from home and don’t need to drive the Jeep!

Stay safe and healthy everyone!

·
Registered
2010 WH Grand Cherok
19 Posts
My guess is with the current state of affairs a potential fix will be even further down the line. You’d think engineers working on safety issues would be considered essential workers, but given workers may be off due to sickness, taking care of kids, etc so I bet this will delay things further. Good thing I’m working from home and don’t need to drive the Jeep!

Stay safe and healthy everyone!
Agree that the recall may have taken a back seat ,however this was a mandatory world wide safety recall to retify in some cases an extremely dangerous situation,ie motor stalling in traffic etc.I have renewed the relay in mine and it is still happening.I think a new TIPM may be the only fix for FCA to go with.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts