Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

41 - 60 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was going to download this from the second post, but the username and password do not work. Any suggestions?

Edit: Nevermind. I assume by looking at all of your vehicles this is only for V8 models? I am still learning terms and how Jeep has the different vehicles named for things. Sorry for the post.

·
Registered
2012 JGC
189 Posts
Downloaded 2.136, burned to DVD; no issues.

Put DVD in 730N RHR and after loading up, it says "Wrong disc for software update. Software update operation aborted."

Any ideas?

Edit: I re-downloaded, burned a new DVD and the update went flawless. So, I will chalk this up to a bad download. So, disregard.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have a 2013 Overland. DO I need the updates or should they already be done for me from the dealer?

·
Registered
Limited White Gold
28 Posts
Since I updated caller ID doesn't work properly anymore.
Previously uconnect would announce the name of the caller and display the callers name in the pop up box.
No all it says is incoming call and the pop up box just displays the number, however behind the pop up box I can see the callers name displayed.

I have a iphone 5 on 6.1

It's really annoying.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Since I updated caller ID doesn't work properly anymore.
Previously uconnect would announce the name of the caller and display the callers name in the pop up box.
No all it says is incoming call and the pop up box just displays the number, however behind the pop up box I can see the callers name displayed.

I have a iphone 5 on 6.1

It's really annoying.
Have you tried deleting your address book on the radio hard drive then reloading it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone having an issue where their entire Address Book does not load onto the HD when you sync it to the 730N? I only get up to about letter M. Granted I have a ton of addresses.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have a 2013 Overland. DO I need the updates or should they already be done for me from the dealer?

chance are that you need to update. I bought my jeep at the end on january and it had the current gracenotes, but not the 2.136

·
Registered
27 Posts
Many thanks to *sox* and the other contributors who make this forum useful. Dealer support for electronics is abysmal and Mopar support appears to be non existant. Where would we be without you Marco?

Was able to update my 2011 GC from 2.120 directly to 2.136. Already had Gracenotes 4118; also thanks to *sox*. After the update, was able to load the new 2013 Navteq map database, HRS10-N 1214 4.3.1 without any problems. Both the iso update and the map update went very smoothly. Tested a few features and all seems to be well. I'll hear from the wife if anything is wrong.

If its any help to those who have not done it before, I have an RHR radio, a Windows 7 computer and the iso update was done with a DVD-R disk, not a USB. With the DVD, the RHR 2.136.iso file could be burned directly to DVD after the download, without expansion like you need to do for the USB.

Again, thank you. I really appreciate the help. I'm proud that my GC with 46k miles has never seen the inside of a dealership after I took delivery two years ago. Thanks to the forum, was able to fix a dead HDD in the radio, manifold exhaust leak, deteriorating headlights, dead backup camera and map update without the help of my local dealers. Knock on wood!!

·
Premium Member
MY12 JGC Overland
865 Posts
Hi AbqVic

For your new Navteq database, what regions does it cover? (usually seen in system setup - options).

Also, have you previously had any routing issues (ie Nav system takes you a long way to get to a destination, even when you know that there are better options), and if it did previously does it still do that now?

I am very interested in your feedback.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Guys ... I just need to know if this update would support Arabic as an option in System Setup ... Thanks
Mohannad02: I checked my RHR. System setup > Language > Options. It only showed English, French and Spanish. I've got the North American version so I didn't expect any thing else. Hope this helps you somewhat.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi AbqVic

For your new Navteq database, what regions does it cover? (usually seen in system setup - options).

Also, have you previously had any routing issues (ie Nav system takes you a long way to get to a destination, even when you know that there are better options), and if it did previously does it still do that now?

I am very interested in your feedback.

Hello Swampy,

No, system setup > options does not have a botton to select regions. The packaging for the map update says "North America." The accompanying brochure shows a coverage map which shows the USA including Alaska and Hawaiian Islands, Canada and the Caribbean Islands.

However, when you purchase the update, you need to provide your VIN and other info. I think that is when Navtec would select the applicable part number to give you the correct map.

As to routing, I have not noticed any significant issues. But, on a vacation, in a new town, I noticed the routing sent me around the circumference of the town to the other side, rather than directly through it, as could be seen from a paper map.

I also noticed that if the database did not have a new road in it, you would see on the screen that you were in a blank area, as if you were in the middle of a field. Of course, I was not being routed then, just using the map to aid my orientation in a strange place. I've experienced this "no road situation" several times with the old maps.

Mostly I wanted the update for the POIs. Many times on vacation, we would search for restaurants and find that they no longer existed. Major agravation when you spend the morning going from one closed business to another.

As to whether the new map routes correctly, I still don't know. I only installed it last night, and its mostly the wife's car. I only checked to see if the map was displayed. I'll have to wait for the next long trip to see how good it is at routing and finding POIs that are still in existence.

As an aside, for anyone thinking of updating through Navtec, the package comes with very good documentation on how to do the installation. It also comes with an additional DVD disk that is an update to the operating system. It is ISO 2.126 and you must update prior to installing the map update. I didn't use it because I previously had updated to ISO 2.136 which *sox* provided.

Swampy, if you have any other questions, let me know. I will try to help.

·
Registered
276 Posts
My last service invoice said "Carried out radio recall RTT 12-067".

Is this the same as any of the above TSB's?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Yes, this is just the upgrade to 2.126
Thanks Swampy. I was hoping it was the Nav update as I am having (many) issues with it's lack of accuracy.
I just checked and noted I still have nav database 4.2.1. Car is going back in the morning, I will hit them up for it, hopefully they have the update there.
I'm running another road trip though western NSW next month, so I would really like it find out if the routing issues have now been resolved. i.e. Mudgee to Tamworth is not over 600km and 6hrs as suggested by the nav.

·
Premium Member
MY12 JGC Overland
865 Posts
Sorry to dissapoint you, but the routing issue, even with 2.136 has not been fixed.

I strongly encourage you to phone Chrysler Jeep Help, lodge a complaint and be sure to get a case number.

Phone Tracey on 1300 133 079

·
Registered
188 Posts
Many thanks to *sox* and the other contributors who make this forum useful. Dealer support for electronics is abysmal and Mopar support appears to be non existant. Where would we be without you Marco?

Was able to update my 2011 GC from 2.120 directly to 2.136. Already had Gracenotes 4118; also thanks to *sox*. After the update, was able to load the new 2013 Navteq map database, HRS10-N 1214 4.3.1 without any problems. Both the iso update and the map update went very smoothly. Tested a few features and all seems to be well. I'll hear from the wife if anything is wrong.

If its any help to those who have not done it before, I have an RHR radio, a Windows 7 computer and the iso update was done with a DVD-R disk, not a USB. With the DVD, the RHR 2.136.iso file could be burned directly to DVD after the download, without expansion like you need to do for the USB.

Again, thank you. I really appreciate the help. I'm proud that my GC with 46k miles has never seen the inside of a dealership after I took delivery two years ago. Thanks to the forum, was able to fix a dead HDD in the radio, manifold exhaust leak, deteriorating headlights, dead backup camera and map update without the help of my local dealers. Knock on wood!!
Is the HRS10-N 1214 4.3.1 NAV update different that the one I appear to currently have installed (HRT2-N 1214 4.3.1)? Thanks!

41 - 60 of 178 Posts