Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 475 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
First I've seen it, but looks interesting. Wonder what types of settings there are for the WK2 that would be of interest. If changing tire size to correct speedomet is available that would be nice for some.

·
Registered
2014 Summit 5.7 4wd 20" tires swapped to 18", added all skid plates
2,073 Posts
First I've seen it, but looks interesting. Wonder what types of settings there are for the WK2 that would be of interest. If changing tire size to correct speedomet is available that would be nice for some.
Nothing I saw on there site suggested it could change any settings. Looks like it can reset trouble codes (DTCs) but beyond that it just reads "real time" data. I use Torque Pro and I get a bunch of live data from it (maybe not as much as this program does as I don't think it gets active damping system live data) plus the ability to reset trouble codes. Torque also gives "drag strip" info like 0-60, quarter mile, etc to a reasonable degree of accuracy. And Torque runs on smart phone, don't need to bring a computer along.

·
Registered
2017 JGC
9 Posts
Nothing I saw on there site suggested it could change any settings. Looks like it can reset trouble codes (DTCs) but beyond that it just reads "real time" data. I use Torque Pro and I get a bunch of live data from it (maybe not as much as this program does as I don't think it gets active damping system live data) plus the ability to reset trouble codes. Torque also gives "drag strip" info like 0-60, quarter mile, etc to a reasonable degree of accuracy. And Torque runs on smart phone, don't need to bring a computer along.
Clearly lists many settings that can be changed, such as tire size, axle ratio, fog light dropout, headlight voltage (keep aftermarket hid's from not firing or flickering) etc.

https://appcar-diagfca.com/en/how-to-use-it/#Programming_tab

·
Registered
2017 WK2 Overland
118 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just bought it for my 2012. You can indeed change settings like tire size, DRL behavior, etc. In addition to the reading of trouble codes and settings.

It can access all info using a bluetooth OBD2 dongle, but in order to make any setting changes it seems a USB-OBD2 cable is required.

·
Registered
19 Posts
report back on the results and program functions please!
I've actually read that changing the tire info will throw codes/cause abs errors? I can't remember exactly what I read since I read it a bit ago but if it causes issues or codes I'm going to skip over this. I'll have to contact the MFG.

·
Super Moderator
9,127 Posts
The JGC's computer only "knows" about OEM tire diameter....~30.6". That may or may not result in a code if there's an attempt to change it. This is speculation, however...I have no actual knowledge of these software tools.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sent them an email. Their response:

The DTCs after programming the tires circumference may appear for several reasons.
1. The computers in the car allows you to enter a tire circuit in a certain range. If you enter too large, ABS (and some other modules) will give you DTC. Next week we will check exactly what is the maximum value for JGC 2011.
2. In the cars with the NAG1 trensmission from Mercedes, after reprogramming the tire circuit, you must additionally carry out the Initialize EGS routine (Appcar can do it). Otherwise, the transmission will enter to the Limp In Mode.
3. Tires circumference programming and axle ratio can result in DTCs, so we recommend doing this only for advanced users.
It does not matter what tool you use - WiTech, Diablosport, SuperChips, ProCal or our App.

In the next week we will make a film that will show how to program the tire circumference with our program.
I'll send you a message when we publish it on youtube.

·
Registered
Subaru Legacy STIEVO
2,003 Posts
Just bought it for my 2012. You can indeed change settings like tire size, DRL behavior, etc. In addition to the reading of trouble codes and settings.

It can access all info using a bluetooth OBD2 dongle, but in order to make any setting changes it seems a USB-OBD2 cable is required.
Can you enable fog lights with high beams ? Please let me know. Thanks.
---
Just that feature alone would be worth my 50 bucks. I wonder if my Subaru RomRaider OBD-2 cable works for re-programming the Jeep.

·
Registered
JGC Overland 4X4
35 Posts
Does anyone know if you can program the recirc/fresh air button on the climate control to stay put in whatever mode you select, instead of always trying to default back to fresh air? That's worth the 50 bucks to me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes you can have Fog lights and highbeams at the same time.

Can you enable fog lights with high beams ? Please let me know. Thanks.
---
Just that feature alone would be worth my 50 bucks. I wonder if my Subaru RomRaider OBD-2 cable works for re-programming the Jeep.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well worth the 50 bucks.

I have used it to clear FDCM codes and enable or disable other factory features.
Being able to disable TPMS during the winter for me is great.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Wow, pretty cool. Kinda like a light version of VCDS for VAG cars. Guessing there will be an option to disable start/stop in there too.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Subscribed! I've been looking for a similar program that I use on my Ford truck called Forscan. It looks like this could be it. I hope NAV destination in motion is available like with Forscan. That would save a very expensive lock pick. I'm and will post results when I get my car. I'm sure many of you will beat me to it though...

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
133 Posts
Anyone know if this can cycle the ABS solenoids?

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
133 Posts
Anyone know if this can cycle the ABS solenoids?
I decided to purchase this and was able to set my tire size, enable one touch lane change, change my TPMS from Premium to Base which got rid of the perpetual Spare Low Pressure message. It does scan each module for DTCs and you can also actuate many of the tests within each module including cycling the ABS Pump. I was not able to use my bluetooth adapter (Ozzy Geal Bluetooth OBDII interface), but the OBDLink SX worked great.

1 - 20 of 475 Posts