Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently do not have a jeep. I have been researching a vehicle to tow my 6000 lb camper, and provide a means to have fun. I believe I have found it in the new '14 GC, with the V6 diesel. I am not sure what level to go with or accessories, and so forth. My wife thinks I am crazy for wanting to go off-road with such an expensive vehicle. I am constantly looking at the forums for advice and suggestions, so any you can give will be helpful. I started this journey looking for tow capacity while not sacrificing fuel economy. When I found the GC with the diesel on the jeep site, I was so excited. I wanted to find out if I would actually be interested in off-roading, so I contacted a local club, and went on a ride, passenger, and was hooked. Now I need to convince the wife, I won't be destroying the 50k Jeep. All advice and comments welcome.

·
Registered
'15 Grandokee Overland
176 Posts
Buy whatever level is required to get the Quadra-Lift air-suspension system; it's included* in the 'Off-Road Adventure II' package. The combination of the QL system and the backup camera will make connecting your trailer a one-person snap, and QL will add more than 2" of ground clearance for 4-wheeling.

Did you see the review of diesel-powered SUVs in the current (? July? August? I no longer have it) issue of Motor Trend? The Grand Cherokee 'won' over the Cayenne, a Mercedes, and (I don't remember). Can't find the article online.

* At least it was for the '13 models.

·
Lifer: Old Geezer
Overland
4,607 Posts
Buy whatever level is required to get the Quadra-Lift air-suspension system; it's included* in the 'Off-Road Adventure II' package. The combination of the QL system and the backup camera will make connecting your trailer a one-person snap, and QL will add more than 2" of ground clearance for 4-wheeling.

Did you see the review of diesel-powered SUVs in the current (July? August? I no longer have it) issue of Motor Trend? The Grand Cherokee 'won' over the Cayenne, a Mercedes, and (I don't remember). Can't find the article online.

* At least it was for the '13 models.
June Motor Trend, compared a Summit Diesel to the Cayenne, etc.

For offroad, I'd be more likely to go with an Overland and the off road 2 package.

Don't recall if the backup camera is in the Overland standard or requires the Luxury 2 group. It is nice...

·
Registered
2004 GC Special Ed
6,891 Posts
Welcome to JeepGarage|

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.