Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 TJ
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was referred to JeepGarage by a user on the GrandCherokee subreddit after posting this video on there. Leaving a couple of people stumped.

As the title states, I just purchased this 2015 GC last week. Over the weekend it started making this alert after starting. Has me stumped. General Consensus so far seems to be some sort of 3rd party item installed behind the dash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW6Y0C6l3NQ

·
Registered
2014 WK2 Overland
1,018 Posts
Definately 3rd party. Would need to pull down lower dash panel and inspect. Being whatever it was got left behind by the previous owner, I'd hate to see the "wiring spaghetti" that got left behind with it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Maybe the previous owner had poor credit, and there's a GPS device installed. It's supposed to disable engine starting if payments weren't made on time, but maybe that feature wasn't hooked up.

The fabric-covered panel above your feet pulls down by just pulling out a couple of clips. The half-oval shaped panel that sits between the dash and the door (the panel you can't see unless you open the door) snaps right off too. If you reach in there you can push the headlight switch out from behind as well.

I'd take those panels off and then look in there.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Oh one other possibility is maybe there's a radar detector installed like a K40. Any unusual LEDs on the dash? Any extra buttons or knobs installed?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts