Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015 JKU
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ya’ll. I’m Nodie. I’m from Oklahoma. New here and to Jeep’s. I own a ‘15 JKU. Just bought her March 29th. The tires are to big for it, 40s, but Im not changing them. I’ll be looking to give her Dana 60s, and a Hemi swap at some point hopefully soon. It has at least a 4.5 inch lift but I don’t know how to measure it yet. Anyway, let me see if I can figure out how to post some pix.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Tire Wheel Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle Car

There she is.
Alright. Im sure I will learn a lot here.
Nodie

·
Registered
2014 Limited
553 Posts
Hey ya’ll. I’m Nodie. I’m from Oklahoma. New here and to Jeep’s. I own a ‘15 JKU. Just bought her March 29th. The tires are to big for it, 40s, but Im not changing them. I’ll be looking to give her Dana 60s, and a Hemi swap at some point hopefully soon. It has at least a 4.5 inch lift but I don’t know how to measure it yet. Anyway, let me see if I can figure out how to post some pix. View attachment 242377
View attachment 242378
View attachment 242379
There she is.
Alright. Im sure I will learn a lot here.
Nodie
Welcome to the forum’s and the tire’s look okay but how’s the power? Did they do a re-gear?If you do plan on keeping them a beefier axle and brakes should be a first . The weight of the tires alone well over 100lbs each are wreaking Havoc on your drive train. Mac

·
Registered
2015 JKU
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome.
Wanted, Ive already stated and haven’t taken it off road yet. Fixed a couple of things and put some shocks on. Axles next.
Mac, I think they just slapped that RC lift on, some cheap shocks, those 40s, and called it good!, I recalibrated for the tires but not knowing if they referred it I didn’t try anything else. I got a good deal on it due to some issues like a bent front axle, with the knowledge that am going to put a set of Dynatrac 60s under it. It has the stock 3.6L and I have a new 392 to put in her at some point. Soon I hope.

·
Registered
2015 JKU
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mac, for still having the stock 3.6 I can hit 75 no problem and can pull out into traffic without worries. Up hills is a different story. I gotta give her some pedal to maintain speed. I haven’t surpassed the 75 mark. Until I get the axles swapped Im not doing much driving and really not fast!

·
Registered
2014 Limited
553 Posts
Mac, for still having the stock 3.6 I can hit 75 no problem and can pull out into traffic without worries. Up hills is a different story. I gotta give her some pedal to maintain speed. I haven’t surpassed the 75 mark. Until I get the axles swapped Im not doing much driving and really not fast!
Run some chrome moly axle shaft’s if you can, it’ll keep the rebound to minimum from the weight of those tires, don’t forget you’ll probably be looking at around a 5:13’s at the minimum in those 60’s to give you enough bang for that drivetrain. Get your factory ratio’s prolly a 3:73. With a 32 inch tire, so you’ve got about 7-8” difference in circumference 5:33’s or 5:56’s would be the best. And go with a big brake kit probably heavy duty steering component’t also. Good luck and keep us posted. Mac

1 - 6 of 6 Posts