Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

(OPINION) Does it need the complete 2.5” kit or would you just do the 2” up front?

• 2.5” kit front & rear

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • 2.0” level front only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leave it the way it is

Votes: 3 75.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
‘15 WK2 Limited 4x4
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a used WK2 a few weeks back to replace an aging F150 as my daily driver + adventure mobile. 2015 Limited that came bone stock but have since done wheels/tires, mirror caps & tow hooks as well as having a 2.5” RC lift installed next week. Looking forward to where I can take it from there.. probably going to focus on removing some more of the limited chrome.
Wheels are Black Rhino Arches and tires are 265x65x18 Ridge Grapplers. I’m very happy with how they turned out!
The two pictures below are the way it showed up on day 1 stock vs. what it looks like as of last night. I’m still trying to decide if I’d rather just install the 2” RC leveling spacer vs. the 2.5” kit f/r. Measured it currently sits just a hair under 2” lower in the front than the back.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

·
Registered
‘15 WK2 Limited 4x4
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks nice. I‘m also about to mod my 2016 limited. Was thinking of getting either the Toyos or the Falken Wildpeaks. How’s the noise level on the highway with the Ridge Grapplers?
They’re actually surprisingly quiet. The first drive or two down the highway I could hear the difference from the Bridgestone Dueler’s that were on it but now it’s hardly noticeable. By comparison I had duratrac’s on my previous vehicle and compared to these the duratracs seemed crazy loud

·
Registered
‘15 WK2 Limited 4x4
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice WK2! I'd go with the 2" leveling kit. You won't be able to fit a larger tire with the 2.5" kit.
Yeah I’m definitely torn. Not wanting to go any bigger on tires as I don’t want to do any trimming or pinch weld stuff so 32’s are max whether I lift or not. I was really just wanting to get some wheel well-to-tire clearance back after going from the 30.5’s to these 31.5’s. Appointment is on Monday so I guess I’ll ponder it though the weekend and then decide

·
Registered
‘15 WK2 Limited 4x4
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Tire Vehicle

Here’s an update photo post-lift. I took measurements before and after.. before the lift the rear sat almost exactly 1 inch higher than the front. I did the 2.5” rough country kit but left out the front strut preload spacers and it brought the front and back to within a 1/16 of an inch of exactly equal to one another.. Happy with the outcome and glad I didn’t add the extra preload spacers. It might settle a tad and drop the front some but that would be just fine with me as one of my bigger concerns was it turning out like a dog that‘s dragging its butt around w/ worms.

·
Registered
‘15 WK2 Limited 4x4
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Your jeep is looking kick-assI just did most of the same work to my '15 WK2 Limited 4x4, I got the Jeep made roof rack and thinks it looks mazing but it whistles a little after I pass the 45 mph mark. I also installed a light bar below the license plate. I have attached a picture for reference.

View attachment 243202
Nice!!
Yeah we went with the Thule aerobars and so far I couldn’t be happier. They weren’t cheap but they’re dead silent so far up to at least 70mph so I’m happy with that. So far I have no appreciable drop in fuel economy even after the increased tire size, small lift and the aero bars. Still around 22mpg +/- 0.5

1 - 6 of 6 Posts