Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I just bought a new 2014 Grand Cherokee, Summit. Traded in a 2011 Ford Explorer, limited.
I have my first issue and I'm feeling pretty dumb about it. I'm trying to remove the receiver hitch cover and cannot get it to come off. I've turned the two twist screws on the bottom but can't get it to snap off. the receiver cover on my ford came out fine. what am I doing wrong? thanks

·
Registered
2014 Summit 5.7
3,922 Posts
Hi all, I just bought a new 2014 Grand Cherokee, Summit. Traded in a 2011 Ford Explorer, limited.
I have my first issue and I'm feeling pretty dumb about it. I'm trying to remove the receiver hitch cover and cannot get it to come off. I've turned the two twist screws on the bottom but can't get it to snap off. the receiver cover on my ford came out fine. what am I doing wrong? thanks
I bought the summit too in black what color did you get? New to jeep here also. So what you do to get the cover off is turn the twist screws and then pull the piece firmly at about a 45 degree angle. Don't pull it straight down and don't bend it all the way up. It pops out hard the first time but then loosens up.

·
Registered
2004 GC Special Ed
6,891 Posts
Welcome to JeepGarage|

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry didn't answer your question. the Jeep is called Granite Crystal with the dark brown interior. can't determine yet if the color is dark metallic grey or it's a metallic brownish color. I like it. the last 3 SUVs I've owned were black. thought I needed a change.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.