Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have posted on here a few times about my Grand Cherokee and a squealing noise it had been making for about the last 20k mi... I have had it in the dealership 7 times for the same thing, they have replaced the water pump, tightened bolts etc... Nothing fixes it. This last time I take it in I am told it’s going to need a new transmission... It will be covered under the warranty as I brought it in initially way before it was up. My concern is that whatever this issue is (they aren’t exactly sure at this point as they can’t even open the transmission box until they get approval from Chrysler...) is that this issue had caused other issues within the car that won’t be discovered right away. Does anyone have experience with this or any idea of questions/concerns I should address with the dealership in regards to other issues that could arise down the line from this “transmission issue”? Any advice would be helpful. They stated that rather than then trying to “tinker” in the transmission to find out exactly the cause it’s better to just replace the whole thing which I agree, but then on the other hand we may never know what exactly the issue was and if other issues may arise as a result...

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
262 Posts
Which trans is it (V6 or V8)? I would be concerned if it was the ZF trans in the V8 and understandable if it was the 850RE in the V6.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s the V6 7 speed. Now the dealership
Is backpedaling and saying they won’t cover it. It’s been so frustrating.
They have already tried to fix it three times to no resolve and now thinking it’s a transmission issue was very concerning.

Isn’t that a low mileage to have a transmission needing to be replaced? This issue started at 25,000 miles...

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
262 Posts
Dealer doesn't have much say it, you have a powertrain warranty that you aren't even close to expiration on so if the dealer refuses to work on it call FCA customer support and they'll force the dealer to work on it. Transmissions should last a very long time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts