Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
It really doesn't matter whether it's a reflector or projector... if the LED replacement is designed to match the placement and orientation of the filament of the halogen bulb then it will work equally well in a halogen reflector or a halogen projector. After all, they don't have different halogen bulbs (e.g. H11 reflector vs H11 projector) for use in the different types of lamps.
A projector does what it sounds like...project light in a focused beam. By doing so it reduces light scatter by putting the light where you "aim" it. As opposed to a reflector housings that simple "throws" light in any direction without the ability to "aim". HiD's in a reflector housings will look bright and be bright but throw light all over compared to a projector housing. No bulb, in a reflector housings, can be "adjusted" to match the "throw" of a projector.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Believe it or not, I know that. That's not what I was commenting on. The LED vendor asked whether Squints408 had reflector headlight housings for which he was buying LED replacement bulbs. My point was that it shouldn't matter because if their replacement LED bulb designed for reflectors had the LEDs positioned so that they matched the location of the filament in the equivalent halogen bulb then that LED bulb would work equally well in a halogen reflector or a halogen projector. IOW, one could buy an LED bulb designed for halogen reflectors (which are somewhat more sensitive to light source alignment) and use it in halogen projectors without issue.

And reflectors do have very specific aiming. They aren't just a mirror bowl but have exactly designed reflective surface curvature to throw light in a specific pattern. It's not as limiting as projectors but it certainly isn't just throwing light everywhere.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Believe it or not, I know that. That's not what I was commenting on. The LED vendor asked whether Squints408 had reflector headlight housings for which he was buying LED replacement bulbs. My point was that it shouldn't matter because if their replacement LED bulb designed for reflectors had the LEDs positioned so that they matched the location of the filament in the equivalent halogen bulb then that LED bulb would work equally well in a halogen reflector or a halogen projector. IOW, one could buy an LED bulb designed for halogen reflectors (which are somewhat more sensitive to light source alignment) and use it in halogen projectors without issue.

And reflectors do have very specific aiming. They aren't just a mirror bowl but have exactly designed reflective surface curvature to throw light in a specific pattern. It's not as limiting as projectors but it certainly isn't just throwing light everywhere

Lol...yeah sorry lol....I quoted you instead of quoting @deAutoLED.

Saw your an editor too, so I'll add to your reflector adjustments lol. R&D from the top bulb and projector manufacturers have proven that reflector housings lose 30% to 40% of their light to non need areas...ie...not the road. Actually, at the last SEMA event, one company made a really neat video and pamphlet about it. Wish I could post pictures to show you, but the forum mods cant seem to figure out their forum.

·
Vendor
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
They have both LEDs/HIDs for projectors now. And LED for reflector fogs.

They have tested very well in customers cars and you know people won't buy it, keep them, and then suggest if they are not 100% happy.

·
Vendor
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Light up the night - no errors - plug and play

LED fogs. Took about 15 minutes per side. I just pulled the outer screw fasteners from under the bumper and reached my hand up and unplugged the bulbs from the housing. The wiring is long enough for them to hang into the wheel well to unplug. The bulbs seem to be too notch quality. I’ve had them a couple few weeks now and have had zero issues.

With DeAtutoLED hid kit
Please check it all out here:
www.deAutoLED.com

Email [email protected] with any questions

·
Vendor
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
No joke fogs - this is what you need for your JEEP - many will tell you they are brighter than your stock low beams:

·
Vendor
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
No joke fogs - this is what you need for your JEEP - many will tell you they are brighter than your stock low beams:

·
Vendor
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Fogs - shines past headlights and creates a clean cut-off that creates more visibility on the road:

·
Vendor
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #40

And reflectors do have very specific aiming. They aren't just a mirror bowl but have exactly designed reflective surface curvature to throw light in a specific pattern. It's not as limiting as projectors but it certainly isn't just throwing light everywhere.
Please let us explain this more. Many have used LEDs in projectors with poor results. The design of the pcb board width is what matters here. The design for projectors are using a very bright diode and thinner pcb board for more focus and have been doing very well to compete with HIDs - many have switched:

this is compared in projectors to the bright hikari many have used:

21 - 40 of 40 Posts