Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, New (to me) Jeep owner here. Just picked up a 2015 GC Limited 2WD with 3.6 engine, one owner, 69K miles and full carfax maintenance records. It is fully loaded and in great shape. So far I am loving this thing.

Have a towing question though. I see conflicting tow capacities and curious to know what the actual ability is.
I own a 2017 Fiat 500 Abarth Cabrio that I show alot. I hate putting miles on it. I have 2 Fiat events to travel to this year and really want to tow the Abarth on a trailer. Uhaul says their car hauler is about 2,000 lbs and my car is about 2,500 lbs. So 4,500 total approximately. Will I have any issues towing this?

·
Super Moderator
9,628 Posts
WIthout the Factory Tow Package (which is more than just a hitch receiver and wiring) you're limited to something like 3500 lbs max and 350 lbs tongue weight. If the vehicle has Factory Tow Package, your limit is 6500 lbs and 650 lbs tongue weight.

Reactions: RexS

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WIthout the Factory Tow Package (which is more than just a hitch receiver and wiring) you're limited to something like 3500 lbs max and 350 lbs tongue weight. If the vehicle has Factory Tow Package, your limit is 6500 lbs and 650 lbs tongue weight.
Thank you, that clarifies it big time. It does have the factory tow package already so I should be good to go.

·
Super Moderator
9,628 Posts
Thank you, that clarifies it big time. It does have the factory tow package already so I should be good to go.
Just try to verify that via the build sheet or window sticker to be sure. Sometimes folks will slap the receiver and wiring on since you bought a pre-owned vehicle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts