Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just picked up my new 2020 North Edition from halfway across the country...up to 1700 miles now! Loved it on the drive home. Absoltuely everything I wanted, down to the color. Very happy I picked this up instead of ordering a 2021 Laredo. Here it is parked next to my 2007 WK which will sadly end up in carmax's hands in a few weeks.

1. Does the cluster display for navigation not display the correct 'distance' for anyone else? Mine shows random numbers "345 miles" or "2323 feet" instead of "300 feet" or "1/2 mile". The distance is correct on the main nav screen. Also how do you update the uconnect maps? Is this possible - I found a page in the settings that had the nav number and mentioned something about usb stick.

2. Am I missing a trim strip/seal on the passenger side of the hood above the headlight? Anyone know the part number? I really hate the local Jeep dealer, we have a local Dodge/Ram dealer I could swing by and see if they would order - but not sure if I have to wait for a service appointment...

EDIT: Quick googling only shows Hood seal, left. I presume it has something to do with the intake on that side.

3. Tiniest paint blemish / bubble on the driver side rear door. Didn't notice before taking delivery (not that it would have mattered - I was leaving that day). This shouldn't affect anything long term with the paint correct? It is a firm slightly discolored bubble but appears to have the red paint and clearcoat over it. There is no associated scratch - just looks that way. I will probably just leave it - it doesn't bother me.

4. The dealer must have marked the vehicle with two sharpie dots on the corners of driver headlight. Anything worth trying to get the marks off? It doesn't bother me at at all - As with the paint blemish, I'm sure I'll just leave it - don't want to ruin the finish of the plastic.

Thanks in advance. After years of watching the WK2 forum I have finally ended up with one!

Reactions: sfrat

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
328 Posts
Everything you've listed is normal albeit might be annoying. The distance inaccuracy is a known issue and hopefully fixed with a firmware update. Maps you can check for updates on the Uconnect website. The paint bubble sucks but as long as it's coated you're fine and you can try removing the sharpie marker with isopropyl alcohol.

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, 2002 Audi TT Quattro Coupe
95 Posts
Congrats, love the color. Mine is velvet red also. And I've got the same issue with the navigation and am waiting on a fix. Hopefully soon.

·
Registered
94 Posts
#1. The maps themselves haven't been updated for a few years if I remember right. So even if you have 2020 maps the underlying road data is still from 2018.
#3. Could be from a respray of the door, looks like a fisheye. You can get rid of it with wetsanding/compounding/polishing, but if you are good with it then no worries!
#4. For sure try isopropyl alcohol, if that doesn't work you may try a cleaning wax, or a fine polish (Meg's Ultimate Polish is pretty light).

·
Registered
WK2 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Sport Utility 3.6
121 Posts
the weather strip under the hood above the passanger headlight that is "missing" is not there becuase it only goes where your air intake filter is. all wk2 have it like that. When I bought mine that was litteraly the first thing i asked because it looked weird. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts