Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I just got off the phone with a tech at Corsa and he said they were working on a Trackhawk but came to issues with the tips....we all pretty much knew this....but then he told me that they would not be offering a system for the Trackhawk. That's fudged up!

·
Registered
18 Jeep GC
35 Posts
so I just got off the phone with a tech at Corsa and he said they were working on a Trackhawk but came to issues with the tips....we all pretty much knew this....but then he told me that they would not be offering a system for the Trackhawk. That's fudged up!
What's the issue with the tips? They could allow you to reuse them, that's what I did.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I was in contact with them. I live nearby. They offered to use my TH to mock up an exhaust system. If it all worked, I would have received the system for free. I decided not to go through with it. I didn't want to let go of it for over a week for the testing, but also didn't feel in needed anything in the exhaust department. I have a Hellcat for the loud factor. In any event, last I spoke with them, they were still looking for a test mule. They are in Berea, OH. Here is the contact for who I was speaking with:

John Oravec
Technical Sales Representative
TMG Performance Products
CORSA Performance | Volant Performance
Office: 440-891-0999
Fax: 440-891-1868

[email protected]

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He didn't elaborate about the tips. Yea, it looks to me that they could easily fix that. Either use the factory tips or for that matter I just installed a Corsa on a friends Hellcat challenger that has their quad tips and they look great. The tech was pretty short about it, just said that from what he's being told they won't offer one. I also talked to Borla today and they told me they were still in R & D but were coming out with one hopefully soon. He said that the SRT system would not work. The TrackHawk needed a 3" system. Just relaying information that I am given guys...

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Corsa did already have a TrackHawk in and posted over on our TrackHawk FaceBook page as they were testing a kit for it.

The problem is the trailer hitch. The factory quad tips are molded / crushed around it, see picture attached.

Comments posted on March 2nd:

Alex @ Corsa said:
Currently at CORSA Performance HQ we have a TrackHawk in R&D for an initial Lift Review. At this time we are evaluating if our SRT system is a "carryover." This fit up for carryover includes checking; acoustic quality, physical fit, and visual appearance. The results from this review will help determine project viability, complexity, and priority. We are all excited to have the vehicle here and feel lucky to have it during this snowy time.

FIT UP: Our current CORSA SRT exhaust system.

SOUND RESULTS: Acoustic carryover confirmed.

HP/ GAINS - This is just an initial review. At a later time, we could flow bench the system, if we flow more, we make more. If this is granted full project status we may include DYNO time.

TIPS - Maybe there's a way to reuse factory but that goes against our typical nature. The single tip doesn't look that bad but I personally agree it looks SRT, not TH. It's a 4.5" tip so it does not completely fill the space.

Unique tips could be designed but that takes time and isn't likely due to projected sales volume. Unless the tip can be used elsewhere. We want to avoid bugle horns as well, the 4.5" Single tip sits nicely within the profile but our available quads would stick out insanely far.
Personally, not only are the tips the issue for me but I also don't care for the fact they are trying to use the SRT set with the existing 2.75" pipes...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Here is what it looks like with the single exhaust tip / SRT system.

Attachments

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,987 Posts
Here's a better pic with a 5" thermal dynamics tip FB_IMG_1519770330832.jpg

·
Registered
81 Posts
Corsa did already have a TrackHawk in and posted over on our TrackHawk FaceBook page as they were testing a kit for it.

The problem is the trailer hitch. The factory quad tips are molded / crushed around it, see picture attached.

Comments posted on March 2nd:

Personally, not only are the tips the issue for me but I also don't care for the fact they are trying to use the SRT set with the existing 2.75" pipes...
Good picture of the stock TH exhaust...haven't seen the OEM in its complete form yet.

This may be a good place to get some input on TH exhausts in general...I'm putting forth the guess that 2.75 is the optimal diameter for the TH exhaust for overall power/torque/efficiency across the RPM band since this is what SRT placed on them...same diameter size as the Hellcats If anyone knows otherwise, though, please share...

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have had 2 prior JGCSRTs both with Corsa exhausts. I am a big fan of their product but I won't sacrifice the quad tips. Single tips look silly on the TH IMHO. Borla would be my next purchase should Corsa not figure something out. As far as diameter goes, 2.75 might be the optimal diameter. I would go with the diameter of the exhaust on the HC cars for reference.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
I have been a huge, avid CORSA fan for years but I am quite disappointed....

The Corsa Hellcat exhaust is 2.75" but the Borla, JBA, Black Widow, Magnaflow, KOOKS and SOLO exhaust are all 3"...

I think I understood that the 2.75" is ok if you are staying relatively stock otherwise but the 3" is recommended if you are going to increase boost at all.

Personally though, it seems counterproductive to spend all that money on an exhaust and keep the exact same size as the factory. Especially since it looks like the high majority of the aftermarket are going 3". I'm not an engineer though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea, I am a fan of Corsa as well. I've done several installs of their systems on other peoples cars as well as my own. I am really impressed with their setup on the hellcat cars...sounds good and no drone. I was really disappointed with our phone call. I too like the idea of going with a 3" system on these. I know the guy at Borla led me to believe that they were definitely going with a 3" setup too. I must say my son and I both had Borla on our SRT GC's and honestly it was too loud to me under light acceleration.

·
Registered
18 Jeep GC
35 Posts
Yea, I am a fan of Corsa as well. I've done several installs of their systems on other peoples cars as well as my own. I am really impressed with their setup on the hellcat cars...sounds good and no drone. I was really disappointed with our phone call. I too like the idea of going with a 3" system on these. I know the guy at Borla led me to believe that they were definitely going with a 3" setup too. I must say my son and I both had Borla on our SRT GC's and honestly it was too loud to me under light acceleration.
I used an existing kit from another company for the SRT8, but it's already 3". The sound is a little deeper at idle, no drone, and it's amazing at WOT. I don't think you can get much better, with stock cats. That being said, I'm sure Corsa will build a 3" exhaust for the TH, they won't miss that market.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
I used an existing kit from another company for the SRT8, but it's already 3". The sound is a little deeper at idle, no drone, and it's amazing at WOT. I don't think you can get much better, with stock cats. That being said, I'm sure Corsa will build a 3" exhaust for the TH, they won't miss that market.
They didn't build a 3" for the Hellcat and for right now anyway, they are saying no exhaust at all for the TH as its not worth the investment to customize quad tips that will work. I think we are out of luck on CORSA, at least for the foreseeable future.

Which exhaust did you go with? I really don't want too much louder than stock but the main thing is absolutely NO DRONE, I'm too old for that mess!

·
Registered
2018 Trackhawk
35 Posts
The last time I exchanged e-mails with Ernst Raft at Borla, he said the TH exhaust would probably be available by late spring or early summer. I didn't ask, but I assume it will have quad tips. I did suggest that the tips be finished to match the "Liquid Titanium Chrome" of the grille trim rings. I personally think that would look better than chrome or polished stainless. I like the black chrome, but it's hard to keep them shiny!
I had Borla Ataks on my '14 and '15 GCSRT's and the one thing I miss, with the Trackhawk, is the growling, rumble of the Atak 6.4L at idle and low speed. I want the Trackhawk to sound like 700+ hp, when I fire it up:).

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,987 Posts
Srt8_hmi here on the forums actually took his trackhawk to corsa. I helped set it up for him. Let me get with him and see what he says.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Awesome! Looks like it may be re-using the factory tips?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts