Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, hoping for some help with my compass 2011 2.2 CRD heater.

Had it 2 years now and never get any heat from the heaters, only time we did is when the car over heated once! It’s been to various garages and had thermostat changed, reverse flush and bled etc. Our Mecanic is unsure what to try next.. he’s saying at all points to the thermostat however it has been changed that was a £700 job so I’m reluctant to try that again with no guarantees.

Has anyone got any advise on what I can try next?

Thanks

·
Registered
119 Posts
On a different vehicle I had years back, the heater hoses were reversed when I got it. I did what you already did, still no heat. Finally someone told me to switch the hoses and viola! Heat! Worth a shot.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
The heater core itself could be plugged.
One thing to try is to detatch both hoses going to the heater core generally at the firewall.
Then attache a garden hose to the heater core inlet with a clamp and flush it out.
Before doing this turn the heat on full.
Be careful not to use too much water pressure or it could damage the heater core.

If that doesn't work get an infrared temp gun at Harbor Freight and measure the temps at the heater hoses with engine up to operating temp. Those infrared temp guns can be picked up for less than $20 at HF.
That will cut diagnosis of the problem in half. Either the heater hoses are or not up to engine temp.
It could possibly be the heater vent directors under the dash are broke or not working if the hoses are up to engine temp.

The other thing is sometimes garages who do coolant flushes do not burp the coolant system properly or not at all which can cause air pockets in the coolant system which could coolant starve the heater core.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts