Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having per used this forum I haven't seen anyone that has bought a deep cherry red 2014 JGC - I can only see black, white, granite, and max steel - I was considering red or black myself, but I'm wondering if red will affect future resale

·
The Negotiator
5,364 Posts
You have to remember that we are a very small size compared to all the ones that will be produced. You might have 200 people on here buying that you will see compared to over 20,000 that have been produced.. I wouldn't worry about that.

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,887 Posts
I wouldn't worry at all about resale value, for two reasons. First, red will always be popular, even if not the most popular. Second, and more important, it's your Jeep. You should be buying what you want, not what you think the next guy will want.

I would have bought red if they had left the black trim on the Overland. I had seen a '13 in that combo and was sold. Then they announced the body color moldings for that model on the '14 and I had to decide between red in a Limited or another color in an Overland. The Overland interior won out.

Good luck in your decision.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I think they are just starting to produce Deep Cherry Red SRT's. We have one ordered but still waiting for production. I was told by the dealer that it was scheduled to ship this Friday but a production date hasn't even been assigned yet. As of this morning there are about 170 SRT's in transit to dealers but only two of them are red. One for Tennessee and one for Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Red if an awesome color and would have been my first choice if my wife didn't have any say.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have ordered a deep cherry red Overland, but it's stuck in Inspection hell.

KJF

·
Registered
2013 Limited S
201 Posts
I'd say cherry red is the best colour to have, if its not that common you'll stand out more from the crowd, and I have 2013 in red.

·
Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,014 Posts
I saw ared 2014 on I75 yesterday and one in Gatlinburg, TN last week

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have a red Summit on order. I usually alternate all my cars red,blue,red,blue and am due for a blue one but Summit not available. If you notice, the website, this site, and the commercials all feature red. Most cars sold are silver, white, black so I like the red b/c it stands out...personal preference.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Looking at the stock in the local area, seems like dealers have ordered a bunch of red 2014s but they aren't moving. Same with V8s

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was going to order a vehicle but the sales guy said 12 weeks- but I see a lot of folks on the forums that received their vehicles in less than 2 months - is 12 weeks worst case?

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have one. The choice was easy; Red, White, or various shades of black. Not a fan of trying to keep a black vehicle clean, it was a easy decision.

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited
10 Posts
Hey first post, first Jeep! Picked up a deep cherry red limited 2 weeks ago and love it. Was deciding between black and red, figured black was too hard to clean. The chrome really pops with the red, IMO.

Unfortunately, I only had it for 5 days when someone already tried to break into it. Cracked passenger side window but thank god did not touch the door.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I suppose from this forum you might deduct that if you don't buy an Overland you have a "lesser" Grand Cherokee, since it seems that most posts/pics are Overlands.

( getting more Limited pics everyday, more variety, and so far been the most surprised by how good a red Laredo looks)

Get what ya want.

·
Registered
Cherokee
1,810 Posts
I suppose from this forum you might deduct that if you don't buy an Overland you have a "lesser" Grand Cherokee, since it seems that most posts/pics are Overlands.

( getting more Limited pics everyday, more variety, and so far been the most surprised by how good a red Laredo looks)

Get what ya want.
Sometimes it seems that way, but when you get to the bones of it, it's still a Jeep GC. We're all on here to discuss and share our vehicles. Laredo's need to be shown off as much as the Limited, Overland or Summit. Doulos4JC has an awesome red Laredo and honestly I cant wait to see what he does with it. Only Jeep model I really put on a priestess pedestal is the SRT. Ask lankness hahaha ;)

·
Registered
'10 Nissan Maxima SV
353 Posts

Get what ya want.
I think a lot of folks wanting a Limited were waiting on the recently made available LuxII package. Some also got the Overlands because of the body color trim vs the black molding.

The red is nice however but as some has said, it's not as bright of a red as O would want hence the "Deep Cherry Red" - some dealer sites surprisingly referred to the color as maroon.

·
Registered
303 Posts
...and so far been the most surprised by how good a red Laredo looks...
I agree, not surprised though. I did months of research and got the color and trim I wanted.

...some dealer sites surprisingly referred to the color as maroon.
It may be named deep cherry red but it looks very maroonish. Like a Washington Redskins red.

Attachments

·
Registered
Limited
1,660 Posts
My original 02' Grand Cherokee was red......I miss that thing. I drive past the Jeep dealership on my way to work & there are TWO red 14's parked right out front. Makes it tough not to seriously consider a new Jeep :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.