Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Non working tail light

2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Frango100 
#1 ·
Hi I have a 2004 Special Edition Grand Cherokee. Both of the tailights stopped working. The brake lights and turn signals do work. It looks like I have no voltage on pins 2 and 5 of the connector that goes to the light assembly. Fuses 24 and 27 both have 12+ VDC and the fuses ohm good. It also has fog light that also don't work. Any ideas?

#2 ·
Welcome to the garage.
Unfortunately i do not have the 2004 wiring schematic at hand now. Did the fog lights and rear lights stop working at the same time, or are this two separate problems? The license plate lamps are out as well?

#3 ·
I'm not sure if the fog lights are a separate problem. I use them rarely but I thought the fog lights and tail lights are tied together electrically. The LP lights I'm not sure. It seemed that I had a trailer lighting problem and this started at the same time or shortly after. I'm going to disconnect the battery for a while to make sure it's not some weird glitch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.