Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jeezus just having a helluva day!
Anyone help me get this out of LOW! tried rolling fwd/backward 3 mph, neutral all the above and nothing. Stuck in 4wLOW!

·
Registered
999 Posts
When you try getting in or out of 4low sometimes it requires some finesse and multiple attempts, make sure your transmission is in neutral when rolling from 0 to 3 mph during the shift procedure.
It also will not shift if the shifting motor is over temperature from too many tries maybe.

Far as i know there's no magic reset as some of it is mechanical.
Only thing i can suggest if nothing works is to try putting the transfer case in neutral and take it from there.

·
Registered
999 Posts
How do you put the transfer case in neutral?
The procedure could depend on what 4x4 system the Jeep has.
Normally putting the Tcase in neutral is for recreational towing.
There are way too many steps involved to list here, the best bet is to refer to your owner's manual.
However i would try this as a very last resort as its could be risky further complicating whatever's going on.

When you try to shift out of 4low, do you hear anything?
Such as the shift motor running, grinding gears, etc.

As i said earlier it could be the PCM determined the shift motor over heated from too many shift attempts.
Try first thing in the morning when the shift motor should be stone cold.

Are there any or did you scan for any CEL codes?
There's the possibility something is broke requiring a tow to the dealership.
I definitely would not drive it on public roads in 4low a big no no.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im going to have to wait and tow it. this is way out of my scope of expertise. The pisser is I just purchased it about 2.5 weeks ago from a dealership it had a impeccable service care history. Now started dialog with the dealer to see what they are going to do. Hopefully they will step up to the plate...? But you never know with dealer and used cars. But I am being optimistic

·
Registered
999 Posts
I think thats a good call.
Maybe the dealer could send a technician out to your home to verify if it needs a tow or if its pilot error which i doubt.
It should be nowhere that difficult shifting out of 4low.

If it is something broke hopefully it'll be fixed for future 4low shifting.
Good luck, keep us updated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts