Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
https://www.ebay.com/itm/300725019863?ul_noapp=true

Anyone have an opinion about this product vs. the Billet Tech?
14 SRT

UPR has horrible design, I have it and I had to slightly modify it. The plastic insert that suppose to separate the oil is not flush with can, so oil gets thru the tiniest holes, so oil was still getting thru. I basically had to silicone the plastic piece all around it so nothing gets thru. Try diff product in my opinion or make sure you silicone the plastic all around it (Clean it very well first and use the best silicone you can buy) so that oil won't separate over time.

And had to use extra spacer to mount it to the engine block or use washers. They didn't provide enough spacers to mount it properly.

·
Registered
70 Posts
https://www.ebay.com/itm/300725019863?ul_noapp=true

Anyone have an opinion about this product vs. the Billet Tech?
I do not have my SRT yet but I am curious about catch cans. Are they necessary. Because of the HP in this vehicle? Before the pistons have a problem , at what kind of mileage does anything occur? Is this only a problem with Mopor engines? I am new to Mopar engines and any spoecial requirements. I will probably. Get a catch can for my SRT when it arrives. Answers please!

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
You don't really need one.

Reactions: Pasadena2018

·
Registered
61 Posts
I do not have my SRT yet but I am curious about catch cans. Are they necessary. Because of the HP in this vehicle? Before the pistons have a problem , at what kind of mileage does anything occur? Is this only a problem with Mopor engines? I am new to Mopar engines and any spoecial requirements. I will probably. Get a catch can for my SRT when it arrives. Answers please!
You don't need one, but highly recommend it. Think of it this way, oil gets into the air intake and mixes with the air and it goes to the combustion chamber, all your intake, cylinders, injectors, spark plugs - it burns/builds up gunk and gets dirty. It has to go somewhere, right.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
You don't need one, but highly recommend it. Think of it this way, oil gets into the air intake and mixes with the air and it goes to the combustion chamber, all your intake, cylinders, injectors, spark plugs - it burns/builds up gunk and gets dirty. It has to go somewhere, right.
Right. It does go somewhere, it is burned and goes out the exhaust. How many 5.7, 6.2, and 6.4 L cars do you think are our there running down the road with no catch cans, and no problems? I firmly believe that if these engines needed a catch can, the factory would put one on. I mean the 6.2 like I had in my Hellcat has proven to be an incredible engine and was put into production with no catch can. Do you think FCA would risk it's reliability for the cost of a catch can? None of the 3 engines mentioned above that I've had have needed oil added to them between oil changes. It's really just a non-issue but if owners want to add it to their cars it isn't going to do any harm. Same as putting nitrogen in your tires. If it makes you feel good.......

·
Registered
61 Posts
Right. It does go somewhere, it is burned and goes out the exhaust. How many 5.7, 6.2, and 6.4 L cars do you think are our there running down the road with no catch cans, and no problems? I firmly believe that if these engines needed a catch can, the factory would put one on. I mean the 6.2 like I had in my Hellcat has proven to be an incredible engine and was put into production with no catch can. Do you think FCA would risk it's reliability for the cost of a catch can? None of the 3 engines mentioned above that I've had have needed oil added to them between oil changes. It's really just a non-issue but if owners want to add it to their cars it isn't going to do any harm. Same as putting nitrogen in your tires. If it makes you feel good.......

Its all on preference, but I would still recommend it, unless you're leasing the car or you keep trading cars every 2-3 years. Its same as, why do people swap out brake pads, so that there's less brake dust.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Coincidentally, I did just change out my brake pads last week. But that's a real thing, not just perceived. Removed the Brembo pads with 20k miles on them and almost no signs of wear, and put the Powerstop Z23 pads on. Instantly, no more brake dust! That's the best $90.00 you can spend on the car.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am going to lease the SRT if possible to get a good deal. I have never heard of catch cans on other engines. My friend has a Corvette which has a very high compression engine and no catch can. He has had it for years and no problems. That’s why I am asking for input from owners of SRTs

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am going to lease the SRT if possible to get a good deal. I have never heard of catch cans on other engines. My friend has a Corvette which has a very high compression engine and no catch can. He has had it for years and no problems. That’s why I am asking for input from owners of SRTs

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Best of luck to you on your new SRT, you will love it. So many things are a matter of opinion, just go with what you decide on. No harm either way. I just feel like automotive engineers are pretty smart guys. If the car needed one, it would have one from the manufacturer. Lots of stuff to spend your money on in mods once you get it and want to personalize it.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Here is a pic, you can decide if you need a catch can. This is with the BT can on a 15 SRT w 28k

are you saying you collected that much oil in 28k miles, or between scheduled oil changes?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Can get for any car, had it on most of my cars once I found out about catch cans/separators.
2 x Pontiac GTX's
2 x WRX's
1 X F-150 Harley
2 x Honda's

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
It's amazing how all these engines can run without a catch can isn't it?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yes, it's amazing all cars run with normal intake, yet people put aftermarket once. Nowhere mentioned that cars can't run without them. :lol: Just leave the car stock, why waste money if you're leasing or swapping cars every 2-3 years.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts