Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Lehigh Mountain Hawk
2008 5.7L WK
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been about 2500 miles and it's telling me its time for an oil change. Seems a little early especially since I'm using Mobil 1. Just curious, I'll change it soon anyways, but just wondering what you guys think.

· Registered
3,905 Posts
it all depends on your driving
i.e : joe has to change his oil every 1,000 miles :lol:

· Registered
14,613 Posts
I have an 09 and mine came on at 2500 miles. I'm getting it done tomorrow and I now have 3200 miles.

· Registered
1,565 Posts
I don't believe that the oil life monitors in these new vehicles accurately calculate when someone should be changing their oil. Were motors any worse off before these systems came on them? I had to give my opinion there for a sec that's all...

· Registered
111 Posts
I have mine set for 6,000, I'm using Mobil1. New engines run clean and tight. Less blowby means less oil contamination, and synth oil is less prone to breakdown from heat. Hence 6,000. If I could set it for 7,500 I would.

· Registered
227 Posts
I'll check that out. I thought the 08+ calculated it based on RPMs etc and not just mileage, so the option may not be there.

On the 08's and up, the computer takes into account how hard you drive the truck and the type of driving you do, and calculates an oil change interval from that , If you were driving all highway miles, then the interval would be alot greater

· Registered
14,613 Posts
I see you have it in Manual mode Joe. LOL you naughty boy...

· Registered
14,613 Posts
I got my oil change yesterday and I asked the service writer if they could change the settings to tilt the mirrors down in reverse. He had no idea what I was talking about. LOL but the tech did it. Am I the only one that likes driving in the rain? LOL

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.