Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was at the dealer for different reason but since I am at 1,200 miles and want to do my first oil change, I stopped at the parts department to see if they have the premium SRT filter M-041. The service guy told me that he has never seen this filter, they do not have it in stock and they always use the regular M0-899 filter on 6.4L.
So I guess if I go at the dealer for an oil change they will use the 899 filter and this would be ok for FCA warranty.
What filter do you guys use. Is a M-041 much better. I can get it on-line or should I go with M0-899.

Thanks

·
formerly 14summithemi
3,852 Posts
So I was at the dealer for different reason but since I am at 1,200 miles and want to do my first oil change, I stopped at the parts department to see if they have the premium SRT filter M-041. The service guy told me that he has never seen this filter, they do not have it in stock and they always use the regular M0-899 filter on 6.4L.
So I guess if I go at the dealer for an oil change they will use the 899 filter and this would be ok for FCA warranty.
What filter do you guys use. Is a M-041 much better. I can get it on-line or should I go with M0-899.

Thanks
For DD just use the 899...if are gonna have the hammer down tracking it then technically the 041 better fits that situation...

I have had this in my "files" for a bit but I think I lifted it from a Hellcat forum post somewheres...

SRT Engineer Chat Session - April 15, 2014.

Perfromance SHOP:

"A lot of owners are starting to use the SRT Viper oil filter on their 5.7, 6.1 and 6.4 engines (SRT filter # 05038041AA). Is there any advantage (or disadvantage) in using this filter vs the standard Mopar filter?"

SRT Engineer:

"The SRT Viper filter flows better than the stock purolator filter and requires a higher differential pressure to bypass the filter at cold starts and high demand (Meaning the SRT Viper filter bypass stays closed more often and filters more oil). Both filters will work on the 5.7/6.1/6.4."

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts

Thanks

I just told my dealer to stock it for me or I am going to another dealer for my oil changes. So they stocked it for me....

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys!

I am usually doing the oil changes by my self. I will probably go with the upgraded filter since it looks like filters more oil. It is only $8 more, so once or twice a year not a big deal.

Thanks again guys!

·
Registered
Porsche 911, GC SRT
17 Posts
Do you ment the Viper SRT Filter ?? Iam still looking to order a new one. But since I live in Germany it must fit for sure !!

·
Registered
Porsche 911, GC SRT
17 Posts
The white one all day. Just buy both and look at them. the answer is very clear :)

Thanxx !! Now I have to look who will deliver to germany. I found one shop on Amazon but they charge me 96 USD for shipping to germany. Thats quite a joke :eek:

I will look for another shop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts