Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
WK2 Diesel
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going on my 3rd or so oil change. I do the procedure of resetting the oil life (run position with engine off, press the pedal 3 times slowly, turn off the vehicle). I get the life to reset to 100%. But the next time i get into the vehicle the change oil warning is back on and the oil life tab is at 0% with 20,000+ miles since the last change. Has anyone else ran into this problem?

·
Registered
grand cherokee
85 Posts
Going on my 3rd or so oil change. I do the procedure of resetting the oil life (run position with engine off, press the pedal 3 times slowly, turn off the vehicle). I get the life to reset to 100%. But the next time i get into the vehicle the change oil warning is back on and the oil life tab is at 0% with 20,000+ miles since the last change. Has anyone else ran into this problem?

So what's probably happening is you are turning the system off too soon not allowing it to reset. This happened to me also.

Before you do it again set your dash to show the oil life and then do the procedure. Only this time wait until the oil life resets before turning off. That should do it for you. And don't press the pedal fast or slow just normal.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
4,798 Posts
Haven't done it on a 2014+ M/Y with the Count Down Meter Bar, I've only done it on earlier Jeeps that just had the Warning Light that pops up at oil change time.

Each time I've reset the system, it takes more than a few seconds before it pops up in the EVIC "Oil Change Reminder RESET" (i.e. its still a short wait, but not so short you couldn't easily shut down the ignition before getting the message). I've never done it, but I imagine if I shut off the ignition before getting that message, the oil change reminder might not reset.

Goes to what dzljeep is saying, perhaps the bar reseting to 100% is only one step along the way to the final reset, and you're shutting down before its completely done?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.