Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
WJ
26 Posts
You don't have to drop the tranny to get to the rear main seal. If you have a two-piece RM seal you only have to drop the oil pan to access it. Here is a pretty good write up...

http://jeepin.com/features/rearmain

Edit: Didn't see the post above about not dropping the tranny...didn't mean to be redundant. This link is still pretty helpful though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was wondering if anyone had a write up or something with pictures of how to replace my oil pan. My jeep is a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo L6 4.0L.

Mine is leaking and I would like to replace the pan and gasket. Not sure what I have to move etc tho.

Thanks for the help!
I have the same engine on my 04. Where was your pan leaking? I just changed my oil and noticed mostly surface rust, but there were a few questionable spots. I scraped and sanded the pan and am coating it with black high-temperature paint.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was wondering if anyone had a write up or something with pictures of how to replace my oil pan. My jeep is a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo L6 4.0L.

Mine is leaking and I would like to replace the pan and gasket. Not sure what I have to move etc tho.

Thanks for the help!
Everything of removing the gasket and the oil pan is normal only thing you have to do to get it out really easy is I would first remove the starter that will make easy access and removal in of course putting the back on

21 - 24 of 24 Posts