Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I have a billet silver overland and really want the altitude look. There are quite a few chrome pieces to get rid of, and I am thinking of using plastidip on the rims as I am short on money to use, and I have seen amazing results using it. (I know some of you don’t like plastidip, to each his own)

My question is, getting body colored door handles and mirror caps are expensive as all hell and I can’t afford that. I am thinking of plastidipping the rims, fog surrounds, emblems, rear taillight surrounds, and lower bumper fascia in black, but this leaves the chrome on the window trim, mirror caps, and also the tow hooks. How do you think this would look with it being billet silver? I’d reallly like some opinions. I uploaded a few pics for reference. The only thing done to it is 20% tint.

Attachments

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee TH
87 Posts
Could you dip the mirrors too? I'd suggest doing some photoshop work or even taking prints and hand-retouching it. It's a cheap and easy way to get a feel for the look. I bought a wheels app on my ipad when I was looking at wheels and it was a huge help.

It'll be nice to get (or make) black wheels if you're going down that path.

I'm not a fan of the chrome, which is why I got a California edition on mine.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried photoshop..lol didn’t work out to well. And im actually fairly decent at photoshop. But yes I really want to get rid of this chrome

Could you dip the mirrors too? I'd suggest doing some photoshop work or even taking prints and hand-retouching it. It's a cheap and easy way to get a feel for the look. I bought a wheels app on my ipad when I was looking at wheels and it was a huge help.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m not sure how it would look plastidipping the mirrors and handles. The altitudes have body colored handles and mirrors..YET you could be on to something...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts