Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen comments sprinkled thru several threads that the combo of 18" wheel/tire and quadra-lift air suspension makes for too soft of a ride. Marshmallow-like even.

I'm also noticing a lot of people ordering the Overland with ORAII. I test drove a 2014 limited with QL last week, 18" wheels, and the ride felt somewhat firm, but smooth. I didn't get the 'marshmallow' impression that I've heard from some people, but it was a simple test drive, and I didn't get into much cornering.

What is consensus on this issue? I imagine it depends a bit on wall stiffness of tire - are people choosing a replacement tire with stiffer sidewall to counteract the overly-soft ride issue? Or having good luck with latitude tours?

Thanks!

Brett

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm going to go try and drive a 20" and 18" QL back-to-back tomorrow. I'll give them a little more of a maneuver test to try and discern difference.

Thank you guys for some feedback. I'd still love to hear more input from people that actually drive the quadralift with the 18" wheels...

-B

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.