Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been mostly lurking with an occasional post here and there but have learned a lot in the last six months reading about the new 2014 improvements. I held out for the eight speed and finally pulled the trigger yesterday.

We have been cruising the lots looking at colors and decided on Max Steel with light frost interior. The local dealer (good folks, this will be the third JGC I've bought from them) got one with this color scheme a few days ago and seeing it made the decision easy. I went to try to buy it but it was a sold order so no dice. Zero other Limiteds with V6 and tow package within 200 miles of Detroit so I had to order.

Actually, with all the electronic issues, I'm just as happy to get a brand new one. I imagine (dear God, i hope!) the Jeep engineers are applying running changes to address some of the early problems.

The only other car I considered was a Touareg diesel. It drove great but would have cost $10k more than the V6 Limited and had fewer features. That low rpm torque was sweet, though.

We tow a 3,000# camper all winter and are looking to upgrade to a larger (probably vintage) Airstream in the next year or two. The Jeeps 6200 # tow rating was important and the rear load leveling shocks will improve trailering too. I know a heavier trailer would probably need a WDH hitch. (The Touareg can pull 7700# but the manual says "absolutely no WDH". You'd be crazy to tow a trailer that heavy with any vehicle the size and weight of a Touareg without a WDH. No WDH, WTF?)

Anyway, thanks to all of you for educating me. I probably saved $1000 by knowing what others were paying.

I bought the car from Butch Kuhn at Moran CDJ in St Clair, MI, about 50 miles NE of Detroit. The whole process couldn't have taken twenty minutes, none of the classic car sales BS. I was happy with their service department for the very little service my previous Jeeps needed.

Just ponied up for Level 3 and will be PMing Milious shortly to start tracking.

·
Registered
A Real Jeep
2,893 Posts
Thanks for your order! ;)

·
Registered
258 Posts
My parents live in St. Clair... I was just there about 4 days ago! :D

They live over off of Pug Rd behind the golf course. Do you know what your deal was vs invoice? If you got a great deal I might consider buying mine up there as well.

·
Registered
288 Posts
The only other car I considered was a Touareg diesel. It drove great but would have cost $10k more than the V6 Limited and had fewer features. That low rpm torque was sweet, though.
I almost bought a '13 Toureg TDI Executive and have pretty much decided on a '14 JGC. I drove at least 4 different Touregs at different dealerships and all of them had a distinct but slight clunking in the rear suspension when going over small bumps, like sewer covers & expansion joints, etc. Most of the salespeople heard it too but thought it was normal for the Toureg. Maybe, but not something I could live with. And it should go without saying that the Jeep has no such noises.

Tony

·
The Negotiator
5,363 Posts
First email from VOTS today, "Production Scheduled" but no date yet. Tracking Number (VIN): EC239xxx.

Paid for Level III last Thursday but no change in status yet so I can't see MOTS.
You won't see any change in MOTS until it hits KZ or Inspection.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey, guess what came in the mail today... yup, a $500 off coupon. Sweet!!!

I'm so glad the car I wanted two weeks ago was sold and I had to order one. Saved $975 by not having to take the 20" wheels and now $500 more.

According to MOTS, went D1 on 6/4 but no est delivery date yet. Milous is tracking 6 vehicles that went D1 between 6/2 and 6/5. Only two have est delivery dates so far. Is this normal?

·
Registered
204 Posts
It amazes me that some people pay close to $40,000 or more for an SUV and don't opt for the trailer hitch option.
I bought my 2013 used, I would have liked the Factory Hitch but I just added an aftermarket one, very simple. The hitch was around $120, the wiring connector about $30, and $30 to add the PCM programming. VERY easy to install (4 bolts) and I just made a bracket for the plug and riveted it on. Still way cheaper than factory. Sure I don't have the bigger alternator or Max cooling. But all I will ever tow is maybe a utility trailer, motorcycle trailer, or a small u-haul so I'm not worried about it. The aftermarket hitch actually puts the receiver in a better spot then factory for my main use which is an Ottostep for my dogs.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What is 3% below invoice? $33,000 OTD?
About $38,500 plus tax and license plates. You can calculate it exactly from the pricing thread page one. The dealer order sheet agreed to the exact dollar with milous's numbers. It also includes the $75 processing fee for affiliate pricing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
How did you get 3% below invoice please? I also have affiliate, but that is 1% below. Any help is greatly appreciated again on this Mcdenny

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have been lurking on the site reading all of the fantastic information, but i was using my Iphone and couldn't stand trying to set up a profile from the tiny keyboard. I ordered a
2014 Jeep GC Limited, Morocco Black, 4x4, 20's, Lux II, Advanced Tech w/Nav back in May. It has been most difficult waiting for the new arrival. I doubt anyone here can relate to that though...

·
Registered
17 Posts
I completely understand I have the same order but without the 20s. Got the Black forest green paint. Ordered 5/23 and got on D1 6/3 Hope to see at production tomorrow based on some info from mcdenny.

I have been lurking on the site reading all of the fantastic information, but i was using my Iphone and couldn't stand trying to set up a profile from the tiny keyboard. I ordered a
2014 Jeep GC Limited, Morocco Black, 4x4, 20's, Lux II, Advanced Tech w/Nav back in May. It has been most difficult waiting for the new arrival. I doubt anyone here can relate to that though...

Reactions: ba_jeepfan

·
Registered
31 Posts
Was that information posted somewhere in on of the treads or pm?
I was in such a hurry to get my first two posts in so that I could send Milous a pm that I forgot about half of info on the new GC. The one I ordered is deep cherry red and has the 5.7 hemi.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How did you get 3% below invoice please? I also have affiliate, but that is 1% below. Any help is greatly appreciated again on this Mcdenny
Salesman printed out the order with the FFS (1% below invoice + $75). I showed him the group buy offers from Chicago and Washington DC. He beat the Chicago deal by a little.

Dealers can sell cars for any amount they choose. When they say they can't go below 1% they mean they don't want to.

If I had not had a local dealer where I had good experiences with prior Jeeps I would have bought from Koons in DC, flown out and driven the new Jeep home. They would have beaten my deal by about $1200 before travel costs and hassle.

·
Registered
4x4 LTD
236 Posts
I Ordered a 2014 4x4 Ltd 2 weeks ago and Jeep sent me an email the following Monday that my order was confirmed and listed the options and gave me the last 8 of the VIN.
They also said that production was "SCHEDULED" but no information is given as to "when" the GC will start down the production line. "Scheduled" could mean Christmas and is no help. Can any one tell me what is normal and why Jeep does not at least tell what the estimated production will start? I don't know if any other system would tell me more and only Jeep knows where my order is in the process? Any info or advice appreciated

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.