Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought the 2014 G.C. Summit. The outside air temp is very slow to show a correct temp. 89 outside 1/2 hr says 68 unconnected screen and over the tach. Goofy. Dealer says they take a while. Are they all like this?

· Registered
2014 JGC Summit
70 Posts
Just bought the 2014 G.C. Summit. The outside air temp is very slow to show a correct temp. 89 outside 1/2 hr says 68 unconnected screen and over the tach. Goofy. Dealer says they take a while. Are they all like this?
Mine is pretty accurate. It changes quite often, especially as I'm driving up the mountain near where I live.

· Premium Member
1,657 Posts
Past vehicles I've owned (where the service manual mentioned the display algorithm) would ignore the ambient temp sensor for some time/distance to deal with the fact that the sensor gets heated by engine heat (and possibly solar radiation) when the vehicle is not moving.

The WK service manual doesn't seem to talk about how the display is updated, and I don't have access to any WK2 service manuals.

· The Negotiator
5,200 Posts
Welcome to JeepGarage!!

· Registered
97 Posts
Yes it is strange

Temp changes as soon as you drive 55mph for a minute or the jeep has been off for 4.5 hours or 45mph for 5 minutes I think.

Definitely screwy....but it definitely adjusts every time you get to highway speed

· Registered
2004 GC Special Ed
6,908 Posts
Welcome to JeepGarage|

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I talked to the Dealer, they are all ???????? on this. Same problem on the Dodge PU and they have changed sensors etc. The Factory apparently is not worried about it. This is definitely a programming issue between Uconnect and the sensor. Once in a while it is right on I think but how would I know. I do know my Toyota is right on the nuts... This is a Chrysler problem and when we buy $40 - 50,000 + vehicles it should not be there. Thanks everyone for their reply's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.