Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2021 Wk2 3.6 at 7,000 miles overheated, puked out all coolant, and went into limp mode yesterday. Could not tell where it came from since all coolant was already gone by time I was able to limp it off left lane of turnpike....Anyone familiar with coolant issues on these cars. The car has already had camshafts, lifters, and rocker arms done due to a really bad tick at 6,000 miles. Had it towed to dealer and now I stuck 100 miles from my house until they resolve the issue but they cant look at it for a few days.. Any ideas on what this could be ???

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Jeez that sucks big time.
I tend to agree with philbytx^ in that with all that work done they had to pull the head and who knows what else.

Keep us updated on what the dealer finds out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
This will be interesting to follow. Please do keep us informed. And, wow, 6,000 miles for a shot-up valve train is, well, not good.

·
Registered
486 Posts
My 2021 Wk2 3.6 at 7,000 miles overheated, puked out all coolant, and went into limp mode yesterday. Could not tell where it came from since all coolant was already gone by time I was able to limp it off left lane of turnpike....Anyone familiar with coolant issues on these cars. The car has already had camshafts, lifters, and rocker arms done due to a really bad tick at 6,000 miles. Had it towed to dealer and now I stuck 100 miles from my house until they resolve the issue but they cant look at it for a few days.. Any ideas on what this could be ???
Lemon...give it back to them.

·
Registered
2020 JGC WK2 Overland 5.7L Hemi
45 Posts
Don’t know where the coolant leak was but also could be a bad water pump or thermostat.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They stated that the coolant line blew off as well as the radiator developed a crack....Whole car stinks like burnt coolant and some of the paint in between the bumper and fender have bubbles in it now!!! Not happy

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
They stated that the coolant line blew off as well as the radiator developed a crack....Whole car stinks like burnt coolant and some of the paint in between the bumper and fender have bubbles in it now!!! Not happy
Thanks for that update as unfortunate as it is.
With all this happening at only some 7K miles i'd demand a dealership buy back.
This Jeep even if fixed will probably never be the same again.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
True, especially with the temps it reached as I had to drive it until next exit off turnpike since I was in a zone that had no shoulder. Engine Saw pretty high temps. in the process of going back and fourth with FCA for buyback not to mention the electrical issues that the dealer can’t fix.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts