Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Manualy lock all the doors by hand. Push eack door lock down by hand before closing. Then push the drivers door lock down by hand before closing, instead of using the remote. You may also use the key inside the remote to lock the door from the outside. But don't use the remote and this should override the alarm system, keep the vehicle secure and the alarm system off
This also works when leaving dogs in the car, just open the drivers door, lock the doors with the button on the armrest and close the door. Locked, but no alarm. Don't forget your keyfob ! :lol:

·
Registered
745 Posts
Not true. I lock my car like this all the time, get out the drivers door (with my keyfob), push the lock button on the armrest, and close the door. Look at the dash and the red "armed" indicator light is flashing!

·
Registered
258 Posts
You could be right. Mine has a extra class IV alarm for insurance reasons, with motion/tilt sensor.
I don't know if the red light always goes on if the car is locked or that it is linked with the alarm itself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello-Found your post today. I purchased a used 2011 JGC Overland in June 2012, 5600 miles on it. I have the same Alarm issue you've described. I'm going to dealer tomorrow but was wondering if you ever got a solution to the issue? Any help/suggestions is appreciated. I love my truck but this issue is very disconcerting. :(
-L 2Endeavor

·
Registered
745 Posts
Don't panic. A simple ECU Flash/Update by the dealer will correct the issue. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
972 Posts
Hello-Found your post today. I purchased a used 2011 JGC Overland in June 2012, 5600 miles on it. I have the same Alarm issue you've described. I'm going to dealer tomorrow but was wondering if you ever got a solution to the issue? Any help/suggestions is appreciated. I love my truck but this issue is very disconcerting. :(
-L 2Endeavor
Dont worry this is one of the very few problems that Jeep can fix or will even acknowledge.

·
Registered
4 Posts
HollywoodRe: Overland Alarm goes off for no reason
Don't panic. A simple ECU Flash/Update by the dealer will correct the issue. :thumbsup:

Thanks! That was it. A Flash/Update was performed which updated several points. Not only corrected the alarm issue but preventative of other issues that may have come up. :D I'm a happy camper!

·
Registered
745 Posts
:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2011 Overland 4x4
292 Posts
I too can join the crowd with mysterious alarm soundings. The car was sitting in a Starbucks' parking lot with no one near it, and no significant weather or other events.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My alarm decided to go off for no reason today, I park next to the police headquarters so I am almost positive it wasn't anybody trying to steal the car. The mechanic at work said it lasted for about 15 minutes. When I came back to the shop I unlocked it and started it up and it seemed to "air up"as if the suspension leaked down a bit. Maybe the movement caused an alarm? I have no idea. 2011 Overland

·
Registered
109 Posts
Is the battery connected properly? Sometimes a loose connection with road vibration from heavy vehicles will disconnect the battery for a millisecond and the car will think it's being jacked. Happened on my old Accord.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This happened to me as well while I was sitting inside a restaurant. I pressed the unlock and lock button on the key fob several times with no results. I opened the drivers door and pressed the unlock button on the door as well with no results. I made sure all the doors were closed (including the lift gate). I also made sure the panic button on the key fob was not stuck. No visible message on the EVIC indicating any problem. I started the vehicle, put it in reverse, and still the alarm would not shut off. I put it in drive and still the alarm kept going off. The alarm finally shut off all on its own. If it had gone on, I was going to disconnect the battery; its only happened once so far, but I am not looking forward to it occurring again.

·
Registered
2014 GC Overland
268 Posts
For what it's worth several times I have inadvertently triggered the panic button on my key fob while it was in my pocket and amazingly far from the car. Was surprised it would work that far away!

Sent from my iPad using JeepGarage

·
Registered
1 Posts
Manualy lock all the doors by hand. Push eack door lock down by hand before closing. Then push the drivers door lock down by hand before closing, instead of using the remote. You may also use the key inside the remote to lock the door from the outside. But don't use the remote and this should override the alarm system, keep the vehicle secure and the alarm system off
This works just fine. Thank you

21 - 37 of 37 Posts