Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I reported to you guys that the front edge of my Leather dash was seperating a week ago. It has continued to seperate, and I took it to the dealer today. I just heard back that they are going to replace the dash :huh:.

I hope they can replace just the top..... I can't imagine my interior being pulled apart with only 1,000 miles on the rig :( Either way, the replacement dash has to be ordered, so we'll see how long this takes. They were extremely quick to come to this decision, almost as if Jeep knows of the issue with the Leather Overland dash.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Glad they are taking care of it. I hope they get this taken care of as this is a concern with the Texas heat. The dash looks amazing but it needs to last.

·
Registered
Jeep SRT8
6,440 Posts
They knew because they read Jeep Garage, too :)

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,701 Posts
:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
They were extremely quick to come to this decision, almost as if Jeep knows of the issue with the Leather Overland dash.
I was wondering if this might be the reason they were so painstakingly slow to ship the Overlands that have just been produced- maybe sending all the Overlands for repair of this issue?

·
2,273 Posts
I was wondering if this might be the reason they were so painstakingly slow to ship the Overlands that have just been produced- maybe sending all the Overlands for repair of this issue?
I figured it might have been more of that issue with whatever that "hose" issue was in which it was part of many of the vehicles chryslers built. According to that dealer bulletin at least.

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
I figured it might have been more of that issue with whatever that "hose" issue was in which it was part of many of the vehicles chryslers built. According to that dealer bulletin at least.
Could have been that too, but it sure seemed like they were moving Laredos and Limiteds faster than Overlands.

·
2,273 Posts
i'd drive up there and steal it if it was me......it isnt stealing really if its yours already........
Just make sure you paid for it! Lol

·
2,273 Posts
Well, was. Mine is currently on a railcar (confirmed last night by my dealer)- seems the status updates once it hits Cassens are nonexistent.
The dealer looks at the same setup Milous does in regards to current past and future dates I wonder how your dealer has more he might have investigated for you deeper then just the Chrysler updates..

Great news for you though!

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
The dealer looks at the same setup Milous does in regards to current past and future dates I wonder how your dealer has more he might have investigated for you deeper then just the Chrysler updates..
No idea, but I saw the screen (using VINVISION) with an extra update not shown my Milous myself on Friday (Casf-Eldon Yard; something shown by others but not my own vehicle in the thread), and that same dealer received the dispatch paperwork last night showing expected arrival at the Wentzville MO railhead on Thursday the 16th.

I appreciate Milous' efforts and he's done a great job juggling all these vehicles, but whatever system he is using is neither all powerful nor comprehensive. Personally, I expect the other vehicles showing the same status are likely also about to be on their way already or very soon.

Tell you what, I don't want to hijack this thread any further, so I'll put this info over in the Order Status Tracking thread.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here is a crappy cell pic I took to show you guys the issue. You can notice the different color shading that now extends back about 6". This is all seperated leather.

·
Premium Member
Jeep Grand Cherokee
198 Posts
Here is a crappy cell pic I took to show you guys the issue. You can notice the different color shading that now extends back about 6". This is all seperated leather.
Is that a bad stitch over on the left side of the picture?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes thats a bad stitch, and I specifically had the windshield tinted to 35% because of the dash peeling

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,701 Posts
that looks like some fine "threads" coming from the stitching. Just use something to burn that little flare off and youll be fine. But yes....I agree...that dash looks bad. Hopefully its an isolated incident....

1 - 20 of 56 Posts