Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
Overland
204 Posts
I was wondering if this was corrected and if you have had additional issues?
On my 2011 Overland the front left side of my dash is lifting where it meets the window. I have been in contact with customer service and after visiting the dealer they said if I pay the first $1000 the dealer (Jeep) will pay the rest. I am at 53000 miles now with the extended warranty.
When I first took it to the dealer about the issue they quoted me $1000 to fix it. That is when I went to Jeep customer service. Now the dealer is telling Jeep the total cost would be $2000

·
Registered
Overland
204 Posts
^^^^^^^^ find another dealer.

either its warranty or its not......whats this partial crap/
Jeep tells me that I am out of warranty and they would pick up the difference as long as I paid the $1000. It would be done as "good will" . I checked online and a new dash cost $2750.00.

I need to check with some local shops to see if they can fix it or maybe someone on here may know how.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I had a problem with the windshield defroster warping. It took 5 new ones before I got one that didn't warp . When that defroster is removed you can easily access the edge of that warping leather. You may be able to inject some glue in that void and roll it out. I would try that first before replacing the complete dash. It's a lot of money to spend and your new dash may also warp.
Good luck.

·
Registered
2014 Overland
606 Posts
Jeep tells me that I am out of warranty and they would pick up the difference as long as I paid the $1000. It would be done as "good will" . I checked online and a new dash cost $2750.00.

I need to check with some local shops to see if they can fix it or maybe someone on here may know how.
Can you take it to an upholstery shop to see if they can repair it?

I wouldn't feel 100% confident doing it myself, but it looks like something that an experienced person could fix....especially seeing you have direct access to it after removing the speaker grill. Some glue, a roller, and some experience could fix it...for far less than the $1,000 they want you to contribute.

People can do amazing things. I caught a new suit on a nail once and some little old seamstress actually re-weaved the individual fibers...was incredible. Like nothing ever happened.

Not the same thing, but masters of their crafts can blow your mind.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, I just joined this forum yesterday because I am having the same problem with my dashboard in my 2011 Overland. The leather just started delaminating. I will take it to the dealer and see what happens.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I went to the dealer last week and as I assumed I am on my own to fix it even though I have the full coverage extended warranty. They did give me the name of the interiors repair person that they use regularly. I will report back on how this goes.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I went to the dealer last week and as I assumed I am on my own to fix it even though I have the full coverage extended warranty. They did give me the name of the interiors repair person that they use regularly. I will report back on how this goes.

wow...Are you truly saying that a dash separating (naturally) is not covered by the extended warranty?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Noticed today mine is doing the same thing. Any news on interior repair? not going to be paying $2000 bucks to have it fixed.

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,842 Posts
wow...Are you truly saying that a dash separating (naturally) is not covered by the extended warranty?

"Maximum Care goes above and beyond your vehicle's factory warranty by providing virtually complete mechanical coverage for your vehicle. With coverage on 5000+ components, if it's mechanical, it's covered with Maximum Care."

---

·
Registered
JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE
36 Posts
I just picked up this 2012 Overland a few months ago. This is what my dash looks like. I am only around 20K so i better tell dealership soon I hope they replace this. No way the sun and heat should do this much damage in such little time.

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
I wonder if getting a dash mat (cover) would help, if this is caused by direct sunlight/heat within the vehicle. I need to check mine when I get home! lol!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just picked up this 2012 Overland a few months ago. This is what my dash looks like. I am only around 20K so i better tell dealership soon I hope they replace this. No way the sun and heat should do this much damage in such little time.

Exsactly what mine looks like. Same spots and everything.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

·
Registered
overland
865 Posts
exactly the same as mine, being replaced by warranty in a week or so :)

Here is a crappy cell pic I took to show you guys the issue. You can notice the different color shading that now extends back about 6". This is all seperated leather.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have 2011 JGC Overland, Called Customer service and was told because of miles on car, and that I had only bought one new car in the last 20 years, they would not do anything. I tried to explain to them that I have owned 25 Vehicles and never had anything like this happen before. This is a Manufacture's Defect and they should fix it. They wouldn't offer to pay anything. I love the Jeep, but after this I will never buy another Chrysler Product.

·
Premium Member
'14 Jeep Overland
867 Posts
21 - 40 of 56 Posts