Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
I just picked up this 2012 Overland a few months ago. This is what my dash looks like. I am only around 20K so i better tell dealership soon I hope they replace this. No way the sun and heat should do this much damage in such little time.
I can't even tell what's wrong in this picture.

·
Premium Member
'14 Jeep Overland
867 Posts
I can't even tell what's wrong in this picture.
Look at the leather bunched up right behind the center channel speaker! :eek:

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
29 Posts
Unfortunately, I'm having the same problem and found this thread through a search of JG. Here a few pics of the leather delamination on my dash. My JGC is also a 2011. If we can get enough reports of this issue, especially on lower mileage vehicles, we may have a class action we can stand behind that will force Chrysler to fix it. If it truly costs $2k to repair, then that is a costly issue on a "luxury" brand vehicle that costs upwards of $45k new.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just picked my 2011 Overland up from the dealership where I was told the Dash is not covered under the Maximum Care warranty that I purchased and it will be a $2231.49 repair cost. $1185 for parts and $950 for labor. When I call the warranty number I am getting a recording that they are experiencing high call volumes try your call later. Really don't expect to get far with them. Was also going to call the Jeep FCA US customer care number to see if they can do anything. Will see if anyone will step up to take care of the problem. I take very good care of the vehicle and the leather is in great shape not sure how I was suppose to prevent it from lifting off the dash pad.

·
Premium Member
'14 Jeep Overland
867 Posts
I just picked up this 2012 Overland a few months ago. This is what my dash looks like. I am only around 20K so i better tell dealership soon I hope they replace this. No way the sun and heat should do this much damage in such little time.

I ALWAYS put up my sun shade when I leave the vehicle! It's a no brainer if you want your leather dash to last! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,842 Posts
Just picked my 2011 Overland up from the dealership where I was told the Dash is not covered under the Maximum Care warranty that I purchased and it will be a $2231.49 repair cost. $1185 for parts and $950 for labor. When I call the warranty number I am getting a recording that they are experiencing high call volumes try your call later. Really don't expect to get far with them. Was also going to call the Jeep FCA US customer care number to see if they can do anything. Will see if anyone will step up to take care of the problem. I take very good care of the vehicle and the leather is in great shape not sure how I was suppose to prevent it from lifting off the dash pad.
Did you read your Max Care Service Plan to see what is excluded. If you do, you will probably see that leather is not covered.

If so, while it won't pay the bill, it might save you from getting excited about something without checking your facts first.

---

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had a problem with the windshield defroster warping. It took 5 new ones before I got one that didn't warp . When that defroster is removed you can easily access the edge of that warping leather. You may be able to inject some glue in that void and roll it out. I would try that first before replacing the complete dash. It's a lot of money to spend and your new dash may also warp.
Good luck.
Ernestd , Can you explain more it - How did youfix , I just find in my GC yesterday Thx Carlos

·
Registered
Black Summit
3,795 Posts
Yeah max care is basicly just for mechanical/electrical it doesn't cover things like that. Anything they did for you would be a good faith offering but I would not hold your breath you are well outside of the 3/36. However I agree a dash should not go to pieces like the one above in 4 years. My last two cars both over 10 years old sat in the sun no shade every day of the year. I did not use any type of sunshade and dashes looked as good the day I got rid of them as the day I bought them. Dashes just don't go to pieces anymore like they did back in the 70s, or they shouldnt. If this is what we can expect from these leather dashes after 4 years they can keep the leather and give me back the plastic.

·
Registered
JGC Overland
56 Posts
I recently contacted Crysler on dashboard issue and their response was they would have to see it, so which means I would have to bring to dealership and make a case to have replaced. It's a risk to me for replacing dashboard is only solution to them. May not be the same if I have it done. Don't know whether to chance it or not.

·
Registered
4x4 Overland Summit
12 Posts
One of the first things that I invested in when I got my Jeep was one of these:

Amazon.com: Sunshade for JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 HEATSHIELD Custom-fit Sunshade for all models Except 2014-16 Summit #1270: Automotive

Thank God I don't have dashboard issues! Adding THAT to my fuel pump relay problems (even after the recall work was done), my water pump that was replaced, disappearing steering fluid, my left rear shock that's leaking fluid, my clunky-shifting transmission (on a vehicle with less than 31,000 miles)... having a jacked up dashboard would just be too much to bear. :lol:

·
Premium Member
'14 Jeep Overland
867 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a CPO '12 Grand Cherokee Overland in December of 2014. My leather dash has, like everyone on here, started to delaminate in the corners (near the windshield air vents) and above the passenger airbag area. I have the Maxi Care Lifetime warranty, but a glance at what's covered revealed interior upholstery isn't covered...how convenient for Chrysler Jeep. I live in Los Angeles. Has anyone had their dash repaired out of pocket? If so, how much, where and what was the result? Any info is appreciated!

·
Registered
403 Posts
I bought a CPO '12 Grand Cherokee Overland in December of 2014. My leather dash has, like everyone on here, started to delaminate in the corners (near the windshield air vents) and above the passenger airbag area. I have the Maxi Care Lifetime warranty, but a glance at what's covered revealed interior upholstery isn't covered...how convenient for Chrysler Jeep. I live in Los Angeles. Has anyone had their dash repaired out of pocket? If so, how much, where and what was the result? Any info is appreciated!
I would check with the dealer anyway. Is the dash even considered upholstery?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Necro-posting, but this is now covered under a warranty extension dated end of December 2019. Check other dashboard threads here for the details.

Reactions: mswlogo
41 - 56 of 56 Posts