Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Overland Leather dash issue

36K views 56 replies 40 participants last post by  2Lackeys 
#1 · (Edited)
So I reported to you guys that the front edge of my Leather dash was seperating a week ago. It has continued to seperate, and I took it to the dealer today. I just heard back that they are going to replace the dash :huh:.

I hope they can replace just the top..... I can't imagine my interior being pulled apart with only 1,000 miles on the rig :( Either way, the replacement dash has to be ordered, so we'll see how long this takes. They were extremely quick to come to this decision, almost as if Jeep knows of the issue with the Leather Overland dash.

#50 ·
I recently contacted Crysler on dashboard issue and their response was they would have to see it, so which means I would have to bring to dealership and make a case to have replaced. It's a risk to me for replacing dashboard is only solution to them. May not be the same if I have it done. Don't know whether to chance it or not.

#51 ·
One of the first things that I invested in when I got my Jeep was one of these:

Amazon.com: Sunshade for JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 HEATSHIELD Custom-fit Sunshade for all models Except 2014-16 Summit #1270: Automotive

Thank God I don't have dashboard issues! Adding THAT to my fuel pump relay problems (even after the recall work was done), my water pump that was replaced, disappearing steering fluid, my left rear shock that's leaking fluid, my clunky-shifting transmission (on a vehicle with less than 31,000 miles)... having a jacked up dashboard would just be too much to bear. :lol:

#52 ·
#53 ·
I bought a CPO '12 Grand Cherokee Overland in December of 2014. My leather dash has, like everyone on here, started to delaminate in the corners (near the windshield air vents) and above the passenger airbag area. I have the Maxi Care Lifetime warranty, but a glance at what's covered revealed interior upholstery isn't covered...how convenient for Chrysler Jeep. I live in Los Angeles. Has anyone had their dash repaired out of pocket? If so, how much, where and what was the result? Any info is appreciated!

#54 ·
I would check with the dealer anyway. Is the dash even considered upholstery?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.