Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post.....
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland AWD 4.7L automatic

CEL P0750 Shift Solenoid A Malfunction (tranny went into safe mode)

This is my first problem with the vehicle.
Step 1. I'm going to check the connector on the left side of the tranny.

Step 2. If step 1 doesn't solve it I will replace the valve body BUT I'm having one hell of a time finding the part number I need. I think it is a 45 series transmission.

Question; What part number do I need if I end up replacing the valve body? What transmission fluid do you recommend?

**NOTE** It's been years since I've done any auto work but I'm sure this shouldn't be a problem if I have the part numbers.

Thank You!

Premium Member
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2,807 Posts
Any dealer should be able to fish the part number for you using the last 8 numbers of your vin verifying it is the right one for your rig.

You do have the 545RFE transmission.

I suggest ONLY ATF+4 in any chrysler transmission unless otherwise stated... yours does NOT state otherwise ;)
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.