Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm thinking about buying a Jeep WK2 from a Carmax that is 500 miles away. I'm trying to learn everything I can about it before I commit to having it shipped to my location. Is there anywhere online that will show me the build sheet or window sticker? I'd also like to see the paint code. The Carfax is clean, thankfully. The VIN is 1C4RJFAG1HC940949. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
WK2 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Sport Utility 3.6
116 Posts
Not to discourage you, but since you are not trying out to vehicle before you buy it, I'd ask the owner (dealer, whever is selling the vehicle) to send me a detailed video walkthrough, and also a detailed facetime call where you can try all components.. Also don't forget to ask if there is a return policy (usually 30 days or something like that) in case there is anything you won't like with the engine, transmission etc.. Also, try to ask the owner to provide you the full carfax report, it is 40$ but usually, sellers have that. I did mine when I was selling my car.. that way you can see what was replaced and when.. it will give you more peace of mind purchasing the vehicle. good luck man!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sticker (as y'all know, lol) was $35,790. I'm getting it for $20,500. It has 22,415 miles on it. I got the video and detailed pictures today. Everything looks great. It has kind of a 2 tone interior that I've never see before. Thanks again for everyone's help.

·
Registered
WK2 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Sport Utility 3.6
116 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone. I'm thinking about buying a Jeep WK2 from a Carmax that is 500 miles away. I'm trying to learn everything I can about it before I commit to having it shipped to my location. Is there anywhere online that will show me the build sheet or window sticker? I'd also like to see the paint code. The Carfax is clean, thankfully. The VIN is 1C4RJFAG1HC940949. Thanks for any help!
We just bought a 2017 WK2 from Carmax in Grand Rapids, MI . We asked for and recieved a copy of the window sticker from Carmax before buying it . Any Jeep dealership would be able to print out the build sheet from the VIN number.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I love CarMax and their return policy. I bought a 2016 Eco Diesel 4x4 and drove the heck out of it from LA to Las Vegas, including some light overlanding. The extended test drive turned up three problems. They offered to fix them, but I didn't want to deal with it. They gave me back every penny without argument, including the tank of gas I burned on the trip! We all know these are not the most reliable vehicles, so take advantage of their return policy by really putting it through its paces so you know you got a good one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you have questions have your associate at your local store contact a buyer at the other store... or call them up yourself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Make sure you have someone who knows about these Jeeps to check it out. I bought one in Dec & it's been in the repair shop for more time that I've had it. spent $7,000.00 for repairs so far for issues that wasn't detected when inspecting it. Parts & labor are really expensive. Fuel economy is great on a long trip using cruise control but terrible in the city.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's free just select Dodge as the vendor

1 - 20 of 26 Posts