Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Does anyone know when the Pandora app will be available on the uconnect radios?
why not just stream is directly from your phone through BT Uconnect?

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have already done that. It would be better on my phones battery and data plan to be able to do it with the uconnect system

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,884 Posts
I have already done that. It would be better on my phones battery and data plan to be able to do it with the uconnect system
Have you read the manual?

" Uconnect®AccessviaMobileoffers additional Apps suchasAha,iHeartRadio,Pandora,Slackerandmoreto come.Itusesthedataconnection*throughyourcompatiblesmartphone,nottheonboardvehicleconnectivity"

My tablet doesn't copy and paste pdf's well, but you get the drift. You will still be using your phone's data plan.

---

·
Registered
213 Posts
Would you be able to control pandora through the radio / media center / uconnect? Or would you be controlling it on your phone itself? That would be no different running pandora via cell and bluetooth on any other car. I thought i had read that pandora was an actual app available ok the radio

·
Registered
279 Posts
I think its an app on the radio, however, you have to sync your phone to the radio so the app can use your phones data signal, to use the wifi on the uconnect that costs extra.... lol

·
Super Moderator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,015 Posts
from what I know the apps will be available as an over the air update soon

·
Premium Member
'15 Jeep GC Overland
601 Posts
I think its an app on the radio, however, you have to sync your phone to the radio so the app can use your phones data signal, to use the wifi on the uconnect that costs extra.... lol
Yup, this is correct. The Uconnect Pandora app will give you the ease of use/safety of controlling Pandora through the built-in 8.4 system, but will use your paired smartphone as the data source. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
Jeep GC Limited
175 Posts
And, since UConnect hasn't delivered on any of the promised apps, you're screwed any way.

·
Registered
764 Posts
if you have an iPhone, plug in through the USB. then on the phone start pandora.. now the radio will show the album art and allow you to hit next to skip a song.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Every historical attempt to open Pandora's box has been met with castastrophe. Not surprised that they are dragging their feet.:eek:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Does anyone know once the Pandora App is released, do you have to pay for the App or is it free??

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,884 Posts
Does anyone know once the Pandora App is released, do you have to pay for the App or is it free??
It will be part of the uConnect Access package. One year free, then you pay.

---

·
Registered
278 Posts
So, if your free Access package expires the day before Pandora pops out of the box..?:rolleyes:
Haha that's what I was thinking, I'm almost already 6 months into Uconnect Access free trial and don't even use it. By the time Pandora comes out it will probably already be over a year and I will have to pay.

Come on Chrysler!! Get the release going already!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts