Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2015 WK2 Summit seems to have misaligned side panels, specifically on the rear driver's side door. The passenger's side door is similar, but it is not at dramatic as the driver's side. I know it minor, but once you see it, you cannot unsee it! Just wondering if anyone has experienced the same, and if there is a fix.

I purchased the car with 15000 miles, and it currently has 35000 miles. As far as I know, it has never been involved in a crash or anything serious. It has been looked over thoroughly several times and everything checks out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
A body shop can prolly get that to line up better for a couple hours labor. Sad but that’s very common with Jeeps, panel fitment is not one of their strong points.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My driver's door was misaligned from the factory. I brought it to a Jeep dealership and the manager had it fixed in under 10 minutes. I cannot recall what was adjusted but apparently it was an easy fix. No paperwork was needed, didn't cost me a penny.

·
formerly 14summithemi
3,852 Posts
My driver's door was misaligned from the factory. I brought it to a Jeep dealership and the manager had it fixed in under 10 minutes. I cannot recall what was adjusted but apparently it was an easy fix. No paperwork was needed, didn't cost me a penny.
it's the hinges...super easy fix...hood in same boat but more fiddling sometimes...

Reactions: Murphwho

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Looks like it’s just the window trim from the photos and not the entire door. How is the wheel opening where the door meets the body?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the door is a little off as well... any idea what the fix is from the dealer??? perhaps its as easy as loosening the hinges where it attaches to the door enough to adjust it?

·
formerly 14summithemi
3,852 Posts
the door is a little off as well... any idea what the fix is from the dealer??? perhaps its as easy as loosening the hinges where it attaches to the door enough to adjust it?
yep, that easy...that's a very small adjustment....there are 2 hinges with a door and a frame side each and then the latch hook on the fender....make sure when you pick it up that all is well with that from an opening/closing standpoint...they may need to raise the hook to prevent a rub after they raise the door...most techs do it right but just don't assume all ok by looks alone...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Should the bolts on the door side of the hinge be loosened? Or should the bolts on the frame side be loosened ?

·
formerly 14summithemi
3,852 Posts
Should the bolts on the door side of the hinge be loosened? Or should the bolts on the frame side be loosened ?
door....actually, try the hinge to frame first because I think the door to hinge is epoxied.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts