Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I've noticed in the reflection of the car I'm sitting behind, when i have the indicator on (either side) the parker light turns off but comes back on soon as the indicator is off.. Has anyone else noticed this or is it a wiring fault?

·
Registered
870 Posts
Its normal. The reason is to make sure the indicator is more visible during day light hours. (notice your DRL does not extinguish at night when your headlamps are on, but they are not as bright).

·
Registered
OVERLAND
73 Posts
Just noticed this the other day. Looks like you have a blown head light, also looks a little retarded if you ask me.

Lots of other cars with L.E.D. running lights don't go out when you have the indicator on. Is there any way of stopping this?

·
Premium Member
Jeep SRT
2,188 Posts
Really?
Why would you change it..
It is for safety so people can see your turn signal, and for what it s worth, all cars with DRL's near the turn signals either dim or turn off when they are active. Just look at any Audi or Lexus.

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,887 Posts
Just noticed this the other day. Looks like you have a blown head light, also looks a little retarded if you ask me.

Lots of other cars with L.E.D. running lights don't go out when you have the indicator on. Is there any way of stopping this?
It is required to operate this way due to some federal safety standard. The actual regulation was posted here months ago. It has to do with the proximity of the drl to the directional and the brightness of the drl.

Don't worry about how it looks to oncoming traffic ... they don't gara about your Jeep. ;)

---

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
88 Posts
It is required to operate this way due to some federal safety standard. The actual regulation was posted here months ago. It has to do with the proximity of the drl to the directional and the brightness of the drl.

Don't worry about how it looks to oncoming traffic ... they don't gara about your Jeep. ;)

---
It's likely the ADR's mandated this feature in Australia.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.