Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I somehow lost one of those headlight access covers in the wheel well of my 2014 limited. Ive searched but cannot find a part# for replacement. Does anyone happen to know this part#?

·
Registered
Latitude X
933 Posts
MOPAR Part Number 4716585 - Door - NS1

I paid $9.95 each in December of 2016.

I've heard the part is 'discontinued', so if you can find them, buy 2 so you have a spare.
That's what I did.

I've been meaning to zip tie mine in place, I don't think mine just 'fell off' because I always make sure they are turned 90 degrees from the opening and that both sides have caught on the fender liner.

Discontinued...
WTF?
I don't understand why they stop making a part for a vehicle that is less than 10 years old!

·
Registered
2014 WK2 Overland
1,029 Posts
Looks like just the small round cover has been discontinued. Now it appears included with the "silencer" panel. Looks about $75 for either side.

Attachments

Reactions: 2014BB

·
Registered
2 Posts
I somehow lost one of those headlight access covers in the wheel well of my 2014 limited. Ive searched but cannot find a part# for replacement. Does anyone happen to know this part#?
Bottom of plastic water jug cut to fit, gorilla tape!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Either I lost the headlight access cover or it was stolen, but I found one (actually two) at LKQ Pick Your Part in Chicago Heights, IL on U.S. 30. It cost $2.00 for admission and then you just walk around and try to find your part. There were a couple of more Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep vehicles there with the access covers. MOPAR part 4716585.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Someone should 3D print these.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Since these have a tendency to either walk away or just fall out I decided to do a little modification. They’re discontinued, so dealers are sold out and there’s none in stock. The felt liner gives the access cover very little support. To remedy this I added two #8 screws from Advance Auto to fasten the access cover to the felt liner. First I removed the small nubs with a Dremel sanding attachment. In the second pic I’m testing for a pilot hole size on a scrap piece of plastic, you can also see the Dorman screws that I used. I used the smallest screws in the package. It’s not a perfect solution but it may help to keep these covers from walking away.
I think this mod would work fantastic if I had the solid plastic fender liners, it even looks like these access covers were originally designed for the solid plastic liners. The small nubs on the cover would lock into holes in the liner making them more secure than in the felt liners.

The price of the entire liner panel has come down. You can find the aftermarket liner including the access cover for about $35.00. on Amazon. Which isn’t too bad if you really needed or wanted the access cover
Amazon.com: Garage-Pro Fender Liner for JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE 11-13 FRONT LH: Automotive

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here's an update for this part for Jeep Grand Cherokee access door for the fender shield. from 2011-18. Part # 4716585-16776. It is discontinue.. But this part is interchangeable with these models and you can go to a junkyard and get these for a few bucks. Following vehicles you can get them are: Chrysler Voyager 1995-01, Dodge caravan on '95-01 on some models of what i found in the junkyard yesterday. Stick with the Chrysler Voyager.. cost me $2.00 to get in Crazy Rays (LKQ) and they didn't even charge me for the parts due to it was small and they didn't seem to care. So there you go guys!!

·
Registered
2014 GC/Overland V8
3,305 Posts
Here's an update for this part for Jeep Grand Cherokee access door for the fender shield. from 2011-18. Part # 4716585-16776. It is discontinue.. But this part is interchangeable with these models and you can go to a junkyard and get these for a few bucks. Following vehicles you can get them are: Chrysler Voyager 1995-01, Dodge caravan on '95-01 on some models of what i found in the junkyard yesterday. Stick with the Chrysler Voyager.. cost me $2.00 to get in Crazy Rays (LKQ) and they didn't even charge me for the parts due to it was small and they didn't seem to care. So there you go guys!!
Nice.. thanks for the update on options. Seems best to grab a few of these just in case.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts