Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I been noticing a few sporadic noises when driving my 2018 Summit, they happen enough to know they aren’t flukes but not enough to pinpoint when driving. I think I finally located one of the causes, I was moving some stuff off the passenger seat when I put pressure on the seat back rest cushion, I heard a noticeable sound like something isn’t connected and smacking against something. Has anyone else noticed this? I checked the driver seat and no noise.

I am going to let my dealer know but sometimes hearing from others who have similar issues and found a fix helps.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
So took my Jeep to the dealer they claim to have fixed the passenger seat noise (something about the lumbar being off) and the noise from the sunroof. They needed it three days but I was ok with that, told them to take their time and make it right. Pick it up today and notice both the driver and passenger seatbelts no longer retract and are very hard to pull on. The carpet and floor mats are filthy in spot and tons of smudges and stuff all over the interior along with some new scuff marks and possibly scratches. I cleaned the seats and dash just this last weekend, also there are a lot of smudges and possibly scratches on the exterior. I’m going to call the manager tomorrow and hope they offer to make it right but at the same time my confidence in them is low right now. At a loss why on a vehicle I paid a lot for and try to keep clean they would feel this is a good way to return it to a customer. I don’t know if jeepcares still is active on this forum but when I take my vehicle to a Jeep dealership to have it serviced I want it to be in as good or better condition than when I dropped it off.

sorry to rant but just frustrated.

·
Registered
2014 Overland
168 Posts
I had this issue with my local dealer on my 2014 when I took it in for recalls. NOT A SCRATCH on my interior, and when I got it back, plastic was scratched/scuffed, they used my expensive sun shade I left in the back seat to prop up the center console and scratched it up to boot. So I demanded they replace the panels affected to get it back to new (including two door panels that were kicked and scuffed), and they did to their credit. So I am well known at the dealership now, and I have a senior guy assigned who is very careful as they know I am particular about my jeep. It is now 7 years old and looks brand new inside and out (well, except for the dent in the roof when I leaned on it to wax damn it). I hope you are able to get them to make this right, I know how maddening it is.

FYI, to get results, I told them this - if it came in all scuffed/scratched to start with, it would not have been a big deal. But I clearly have been treating my vehicle with the utmost care and respect, and with repairs and recalls I expect the vehicle to come back to me in the same condition in appearance it went in with. For a soccer mom with five kids - they would not notice one more scratch, but I am the only driver of this vehicle and do not have any kids, so it was clear my vehicle was in mint condition.

It doesn't help the plastic in these vehicles is made of butter. I am not sure what color your interior is but I've have luck using a sharpie that almost matches the interior to fill in scratches and scuffs but you have to be careful. LIGHTLY dot/trace the scuff/scratch and IMMEDIATELY wipe with a cloth or your finger to wipe off any excess that would be noticeable outside of the defect, and by wiping it will also fill more color in the scratch, I'd practice in an inconspicuous place until you feel comfortable about it. I have had the best luck wiping with my finger versus a cloth. You may need to make multiple passes since you will be dotting/tracing this so lightly as to avoid seeing a distinct sharpie line on your plastic. I have the black interior and IIRC, there is a color I believe called "Slate Gray" that work really, really well with my method. The tip of the sharpie must be very pointed, do not use a worn one. : )

Exterior wise try just waxing the areas in question and see if that works, I have success there with a little elbow grease. You may be able to make them have their body shop buff out any scratches if you can't get results on your own.

I'd rather attempt fixes myself before handing it off again, even if I have to put in a little time personally - if you know what I mean.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Hi @Briant73,

We're sorry to hear that you had this poor experience at your Jeep dealer. Since alerting dealership management, have your concerns been remedied? Please let us know if you are in need of support through private message.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to all the replies - I took my vehicle back to the dealer where I showed the service manager around the vehicle who apologized and personally attended to cleaning up my vehicle. The service manager actually claims he told the service tech to keep things clean because they know I try to keep my vehicle clean especially the interior but obviously the tech failed at that. Thankfully the detailing done was well done and so far I haven't seen anything majorly amiss with the condition.

I did notice the one A pillar cover fits oddly so may inquire about that and there was a rattle/noise afterwards but moving the passenger seat belt height adjuster may have fixed that.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well a few weeks in and rattles are back also notice at least a few interior trim prices falling out and not fitting correctly. I guess ill call the dealershi but given they are the ones who trashed my vehcilce last time and missed all this I’m not Holding out hope.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Well a few weeks in and rattles are back also notice at least a few interior trim prices falling out and not fitting correctly. I guess ill call the dealershi but given they are the ones who trashed my vehcilce last time and missed all this I’m not Holding out hope.
We deeply regret to hear about your continued concern. If you would like any additional support while working with your dealer, please send our team a private message.
Alex
Jeep Cares

1 - 7 of 7 Posts