Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
I tried the Sprint Booster in my '14 Summit Ecodiesel. Yea it made the throttle a bit more snappy but the electronics only change the how the pedal motion changes throttle opening. There is no increase in total performance, i.e. wide open throttle. There can't be, it doesn't change the software, just how the software is delivered.

Considered a Sprint Booster for my current hemi but decided I'm perfectly capable of pushing the pedal a little further for acceleration rather than spend hundreds of dollars for a box that tricks the software to do the same thing.

Now, a proper tune would be great if anyone made an EPA legal software upgrade.

·
Registered
15 Grand Cherokee
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I tried the Sprint Booster in my '14 Summit Ecodiesel. Yea it made the throttle a bit more snappy but the electronics only change the how the pedal motion changes throttle opening. There is no increase in total performance, i.e. wide open throttle. There can't be, it doesn't change the software, just how the software is delivered.

Considered a Sprint Booster for my current hemi but decided I'm perfectly capable of pushing the pedal a little further for acceleration rather than spend hundreds of dollars for a box that tricks the software to do the same thing.

Now, a proper tune would be great if anyone made an EPA legal software upgrade.
As I stated there is no change in overall performance or hp aside from a bit quicker acceleration. But overall driving it definitely changes the drive ability more than just pushing the throttle more. Also its more of a to each their own. Again I own the v6 so things like tunes or messing with the software is useless for me. And i agree $300 is a lot which is why I wouldn’t buy it new only used. $150 is still steep but I’m more than happy with it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I too love my PC. Bought a new '19 Limited X with Hemi a few months ago and a PC was the first thing I bought for it. Coming from a '14 GC Altitude with V6 I was expecting more from the hemi. I knew it wasn't going to be a race car, but I was very disappointed in its performance off the line. After a little research I found out about the PC and that cured all my problems.

I managed to get a used one from a member on here for $150. Of course I didn't read any instructions other than how to install it and proceeded to light up my dashboard with lights when I tried to change settings while driving, hahaha. Thankfully the lights went off a day or so later and since then I put the vehicle in park when changing settings and have had no issues. HUGE difference in acceleration off the line and very happy with my purchase. Currently have it set at Sport +3 which is borderline too much for daily driving if you are not careful with the go pedal off the line.

Now to get the K&N CAI installed to get a little noise out of the hemi =)

·
Registered
15 Grand Cherokee
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I too love my PC. Bought a new '19 Limited X with Hemi a few months ago and a PC was the first thing I bought for it. Coming from a '14 GC Altitude with V6 I was expecting more from the hemi. I knew it wasn't going to be a race car, but I was very disappointed in its performance off the line. After a little research I found out about the PC and that cured all my problems.

I managed to get a used one from a member on here for $150. Of course I didn't read any instructions other than how to install it and proceeded to light up my dashboard with lights when I tried to change settings while driving, hahaha. Thankfully the lights went off a day or so later and since then I put the vehicle in park when changing settings and have had no issues. HUGE difference in acceleration off the line and very happy with my purchase. Currently have it set at Sport +3 which is borderline too much for daily driving if you are not careful with the go pedal off the line.

Now to get the K&N CAI installed to get a little noise out of the hemi =)
surprising the difference from v6 to v8 wasnt that much for you. But thats why you can always mod them up lol. Totally agree since i did the same and paid 150. At this point from driving it now for a few weeks i probably would have still paid full price since i love what it does for me and overall drive ability. If you do want to change settings you don't have to put it in park just be at a complete stop and off the throttle when you do, like a stop light or stop sign. Shouldnt have any issues then. Sport +3 is def to much for me lol ive kept it on Sport +1 and its still a little touchy but ive got used to it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Don't get me wrong, the new Jeep has tons more power than my V6, I was just expecting way more off the line with the Hemi.

·
Registered
2008 Jeep JKU
84 Posts
I was just on the Pedal Commander web site and they have the non-bluetooth units for $199.00 for a couple of days.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Question. Normally the 3.6, you are driving lets say 30mph, @8 gear in low rpms, you need to press i bit more the pedal to get the shift faster than just start to press slowly. The pedal commander helps to get the shift faster?

·
Registered
2008 Jeep JKU
84 Posts
It has settings that make the butterfly open faster in the throttle body, it makes the gas pedal more responsive. So if the jeep moves faster when you push the pedal then it should shift faster if you have a automatic.

·
Registered
170 Posts
It has settings that make the butterfly open faster in the throttle body, it makes the gas pedal more responsive. So if the jeep moves faster when you push the pedal then it should shift faster if you have a automatic.
Thanks thats is what i need, I really like to drive gently this jeep, and i really hate how the pedal/throttle body react to my input when im driving slow and the engine keep lugging when i accelerate due the slow pedal response/low rpms/transmission gear.

·
Registered
15 Grand Cherokee
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Btw there is some reviews saying check engine and throttle bldy sensor code if you usually use remote start. Any comments?
havent had an issue yet with that . number one rule DO NOT CHANGE SETTINGS WHILE DRIVING. And make sure you follow the instructions on install and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
170 Posts
havent had an issue yet with that . number one rule DO NOT CHANGE SETTINGS WHILE DRIVING. And make sure you follow the instructions on install and you'll be fine.
thanks!. im looking to get one for my V6 GC, i think it will work great with the pedal delay that i hate a lot on this car. Almost all my suv´s and cars has a faster throttle response. Like i said i hate to press too much the gas pedal(too much travel) to get my shift.

·
Registered
15 Grand Cherokee
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
thanks!. im looking to get one for my V6 GC, i think it will work great with the pedal delay that i hate a lot on this car. Almost all my suv´s and cars has a faster throttle response. Like i said i hate to press too much the gas pedal(too much travel) to get my shift.
You will definitely love this then. Look on ebay first for PC31 and you could find used ones for much less than they new price.

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee HA V8
7 Posts
I have had the pedal commander on my 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee HA ( HEMI) for about 6 months.

I followed the install instructions and never go any codes or CEL on install. Also I haven’t had any either using remote start or during any other time I have used the pedal commander. ( I leave it on at all time)

I personally keep it on city +4 and I feel the response is just right. Not so much that you spin out and give yourself whip lash lol but just enough. It 100% makes the Jeep more response and a fun ride all around.
I roughly track my MPG’s and I have seen no obvious difference either positive for negative.
If anyone is on the edge, I believe it’s a worth while “investment” to add some extra throttle response and enjoy the ride even more.

·
Registered
15 Grand Cherokee
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I have had the pedal commander on my 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee HA ( V8) for about 6 months.

I followed the install instructions and never go any codes or CEL on install. Also I haven’t had any either using remote start or during any other time I have used the pedal commander. ( I leave it on at all time)

I personally keep it on city +4 and I feel the response is just right. Not so much that you spin out and give yourself whip lash lol but just enough. It 100% makes the Jeep more response and a fun ride all around.
I roughly track my MPG’s and I have seen no obvious difference either positive for negative.
If anyone is on the edge, I believe it’s a worth while “investment” to add some extra throttle response and enjoy the ride even more.
thanks for your input , agreed

·
Registered
170 Posts
Well, finally tested this PC for 2 days, im using City 4+, for me avoid the lag on the pedal for my driving style which is slow and normally on city/uphill is something i was trying to figure out how to get rid of it. I was so tired of how the transmission shifting delay is on these SUV. I can say, it almost 90% solved, need to play more with this. I Feel really sensitive the city 4+, cant imagine how is sport + lol

21 - 40 of 85 Posts