Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
15 Grand Cherokee
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Well, finally tested this PC for 2 days, im using City 4+, for me avoid the lag on the pedal for my driving style which is slow and normally on city/uphill is something i was trying to figure out how to get rid of it. I was so tired of how the transmission shifting delay is on these SUV. I can say, it almost 90% solved, need to play more with this. I Feel really sensitive the city 4+, cant imagine how is sport + lol
Good to hear, alot of people really enjoy the city settings. Like i said im using Sport 1 right now and its such a drastic change that i barely use an pedal now. If your not used to it and throttle down hard the vehicle will downshift fast and hard so it takes getting used to. But play around with it and see what suits your liking, remember no changing while driving lol.

·
Registered
170 Posts
im surprised how many people talk bad about this product, for exampe, they said:

"I had one too for about three weeks. Then the check engine light came on, wouldn’t shift out of first gear, and throttle response was severely diminished. Disconnected the Pedal Commander and everything went back to normal. Apparently this is quite common. Just be warned. "

"these only trick your PCM into where the APP sensor is, could take one or both out then it's big time cash to the dealer to get it fixed. Seen it before "

I just have it 3 days and no issues, i like how it works.

·
Registered
15 Grand Cherokee
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
im surprised how many people talk bad about this product, for exampe, they said:

"I had one too for about three weeks. Then the check engine light came on, wouldn’t shift out of first gear, and throttle response was severely diminished. Disconnected the Pedal Commander and everything went back to normal. Apparently this is quite common. Just be warned. "

"these only trick your PCM into where the APP sensor is, could take one or both out then it's big time cash to the dealer to get it fixed. Seen it before "

I just have it 3 days and no issues, i like how it works.
Yea I’ve seen quite a few reviews like that. Again the only reason to get a light is by changing the setting while on the throttle. And or not having your fob far enough away.

·
Registered
15 Grand Cherokee
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Tried 2+, didn't feel as i like. 3+ seems to be perfect to my foot. 4+ is a bit touchy for me but i also like it. Nice i can play with it. View attachment 222090
Yea exactly, like i said people can hate on it and say what they want but for me its exactly what i wanted and its hidden away in my cubby out of site. Again the price is steep but if your not looking to do an actual tune or anything along those lines this or anything similar is a great little unit to have. Currently im still on Sport 1

·
Premium Member
2018 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk w/ 5.7 V8
257 Posts
Not sure how you guys are dealing with city + anything! :) Put ours in City, and the throttle is very sensitive for us. Currently testing out city -1, and I think its about right.

·
Registered
15 Grand Cherokee
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
For myself im still always driving in Sport 1, funny thing the other day my wife took my jeep quick to pick up food and she came back asking me whats up with it everytime she hit the gas she would fly back into the seat an take off quick lol. Totally forgot to tell her i should have shut the unit off. She has a 2019 Toyota Highlander which i drive alot when we go out and it is probably one of the worst vehicles with throttle lag and she is def used to that.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a '12 GC Laredo with the 5.7L HEMI. I just installed the Corsa CAI, the Corsa Back Cat Exhaust system and the Stage 3 Performance Chip OBDII Module. Wow, what a difference these mods have made. My Jeep now sounds and feels like it has a HEMI in it. Much more fun to drive! The PC looks like a good addition to these mods. I'm thinking...

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a '12 GC Laredo with the 5.7L HEMI. I just installed the Corsa CAI, the Corsa Back Cat Exhaust system and the
Stage 3 Performance Chip OBDII Module. Wow, what a difference these mods have made. My Jeep now sounds and feels like it has a HEMI in it. Much more fun to drive! The PC looks like a good addition to these mods. I'm thinking...
I got a $40 off coupon making the total $259.99 so I went ahead and ordered it today. I hope it's everything others say about it!

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee HA V8
7 Posts
I continue to have no issues with mine and I’m still on city +4 . Occasionally I will put on sport mode and leave the pedal commander on city +4 and wow does it move! Just follow the install instructions and you will have not issues.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I got a $40 off coupon making the total $259.99 so I went ahead and ordered it today. I hope it's everything others say about it!
I received my Pedal Commander today and installed it. All I can say is WOW! It's everything they claim it to be. It has unleashed the power of my 5.7L HEMI. I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
15 Grand Cherokee
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I received my Pedal Commander today and installed it. All I can say is WOW! It's everything they claim it to be. It has unleashed the power of my 5.7L HEMI. I highly recommend it.
Good to hear your happy with it. Like i said its nothing crazy but for the people who dont want to invest into a tune or anything of that nature , and just want a little more pep in their vehicle, these modules do the job just fine.

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
384 Posts
Can't wait to get another one. I had it on my RAM and on the GF's JK. Now I need to grab another for the GC. Mo Money Mo Money!! Haha

41 - 60 of 85 Posts