Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

61 - 80 of 85 Posts

Registered
is it possible to get something that just makes the throttle response quicker or removes the lag without different settings. I don't even wanna see the box I just want the throttle response to be quicker, set and forget. What is my best option?

Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
There is a brand I forget on ebay that is cheaper. RAM owners have used it because they didn't want to spend the money for Pedal Commander. Just do a search on ebay for throttle controller.

Speaking of Pedal Commander I grabbed a used one today BT for $150 woohoo!! I hate this damn lag!!!

Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
is it possible to get something that just makes the throttle response quicker or removes the lag without different settings. I don't even wanna see the box I just want the throttle response to be quicker, set and forget. What is my best option?
Screenshot_20200504-201326_eBay.jpg

Registered
If you install well you will not see the box. You can set and forget too. Honestly going cheap in a electronic part that control your throttle is something to think twice.

Registered
15 Grand Cherokee
Discussion Starter #67
im sure there is but as ive said before look on ebay for PC31 and you'll find a few , just get a used one. Only downfall is the BT might not work but honestly the BT isnt needed nor worth it. I showed in my pics how i have it hidden. I actually forget its even there lol. However the throttle still catches me off guard sometimes and throws me back. Definitely still enjoy having it.

Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
I would look up reviews on the model I posted above and see what you come up with. I do know people on the RAM forumz are using them. Our GC, RAM and Wranglers, plus others all use the same throttle controller. Check Ebay, FB Marketplace, Craigslist, SearchTempest, Offerup for the Pedal Commander.

Registered
I bought the Blue Tooth version of the PC. The unit itself is hidden from sight near the accelerator pedal. I can change the settings using my smart phone. I bought my PC in February for $259. I had put the PC in my shopping cart and let it sit there overnight to make sure I really wanted to buy it. The next day PD sent me an email reminding me that I had left the unit in my cart and offered a $40 discount coupon so I went ahead and bought it. I cannot comment on other brands but I will say that my PC arrived very quickly and was packaged very well. I really like how it has improved throttle response in my '12 JGC 5.7L and the various setting options it offers.

Registered
How鈥檚 everyone鈥檚 pedal commanders going? I just received mine, but would like to hear some long term reviews/advice before I install it. I鈥檓 still iffy about check engine lights or other problems.

Registered
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 5.7
How鈥檚 everyone鈥檚 pedal commanders going? I just received mine, but would like to hear some long term reviews/advice before I install it. I鈥檓 still iffy about check engine lights or other problems.
Just don't change the settings while you're moving and you won't throw any codes. Activate Sport Mode and hang on!

Registered
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee HA V8

I have had the pedal commander on my 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee HA for about 1 year and 1 month.

I followed the install instructions and never go any codes or CEL on install. Also, I haven鈥檛 had any code or issues using remote start, while driving, or during changes from the PC itself or the bluetooth option. ( I only change while at a stop).

I personally keep it on city +4 and I feel the response is just right. Anyone is on the edge, I believe it鈥檚 a worth while 鈥渋nvestment鈥 to add some extra throttle response and enjoy the ride even more.

Note on MPG's-- over the past year i have seen a 2+ MPG increase. Now, i will say that it could be the combination of the PC and the K&N Air Intake but there has been some increase.

Registered
15 Grand Cherokee
Discussion Starter #75
Everything still good with mine. once you find our setting and your happy with it you should have no issues. mine is also tucked away so you dont even see it.

Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
I'm running Sport 2 and seems great. Once I move up to 32's I might change it to 3 or 4 depending to get the 32's moving better.

Registered
Just don't change the settings while you're moving and you won't throw any codes. Activate Sport Mode and hang on!
So I need to turn on the stock sport mode on my GC while using the pedal commander? Or are you talking about using sport mode on the pedal commander?

Registered
So I need to turn on the stock sport mode on my GC while using the pedal commander? Or are you talking about using sport mode on the pedal commander?
It's not a requirement to activate Sport Mode on the GC. It just ups the fun factor.

Registered
15 Grand Cherokee
Discussion Starter #79
i think what he meant was sport mode on the pedal commander. You can use the sport mode on the jeep also together but really no point to. Once you install the PC you'll be surprised at how different the pedal will feel. And again if you make changes make sure you are stopped and off the gas pedal and you will have zero issues.

Registered
I have my PC set at Sport +2. I can definitely feel a difference in the pedal response. When I hit Sport mode on the GC, the Jeep takes off like a rocket.

61 - 80 of 85 Posts