Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2012 WK2 Laredo
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just posted a moment or two ago about my 100k maintenance I did last weekend. But...having to remove the intake manifold to get to the driver's side spark plugs seems silly to me. I realize this only needs to be done every 100k miles, but was wondering if anyone else know of any other upper intake manifolds that fit this engine that leave the drivers side exposed/easier to get to?

I was even wondering if a custom intake manifold would be worth it. Seems like if the manifold mounted the throttle body to the front in the middle, you could short the air intake pipe, then extend the throttle body cable to the new position.

Am I having dillusions of grandeur or is there anything to be gained from a different style manifold? Reason I ask is that it seems the air has to go around two big curves to get into the manifold in the first place. If the air went through a shorter tube into the front, it wouldnt have to make all the extra turns.

Just sort of thinking out loud and wondering others' opinions.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I highly doubt anyone or any company has even thought of making a performance intake for the 3.6. It's not a popular starting platform for making big power.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts